The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Just received my latest gaff from Tango, a Copper Silver Mexican Transposition and the quality is great.

Scott
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
I have many Tango products and all work very well.
Today I bought TUC and I'm impressed, this is THE GAFFED COIN, is a brilliant idea. The DVD is really good with very clear explanations. Some effects are classic and some others new, and many of the classic effects have excellent improvements as the Matrix Reverse and the coins to glass.
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
Tango Coin Rattle Device:

http://tinyurl.com/qyzuny

I just got one and a few other items from Tango too. I'll review the rattle in a day or so. I really, really like it! I've already rigged mine to work with short-sleeve shirts (or T-Shirts for you guys).

dsalley13
prizna
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of prizna
I have a tango folding coin, the coin is very shiny and at certain angles I can see the seams very easily, this is my first folding coin, and was just wondering if the seams will become less noticible as the coin becomes less shiny?
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
The only Tango product I have is the TUC and I am quite pleased with it. As arrived it needed a bit of adjustment but Mr. Tango responded right away with the adjustment instructions when I emailed him.

As for the folding coin, I assume its a profile cut? I don't have a Tango but I have one I bought years ago and its pretty much invisible. Keep in mind that your audiance is NOT going to be handling it and staring closely at it for seams. They have no reason to look for that unless they already know how it works or you are putting WAY too much heat on the coin. After it comes back out of the bottle you should switch it right away anyway so you can hand it back out for examination.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
prizna
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of prizna
Thanks,

It isn't a prpfile cut, even though they will never get a good look at it I would like to have the seams as invisible as possible, do you know if un-shining the coin will help conceal the seams?
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
I think that there isn't a problem. The people never can't see the cut if you use the coin well.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I think a profile cut is the best. If you do the coin bite, IMHO it is the only way to go.
I have two older Johnson sets, so I am able to bite the piece off, then take the piece out of my mouth, put it back into my mouth, and spit it back onto the coin. I wouldn't consider doing this with a set that wasn't a profile cut.
Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
I have had no problems at all or issues with Tango. I personally (my opinion) find many of their products better than Johnson. You obviously can't compare them with Lassen or Schoolcraft, but I believe most of their products work well for working magicians.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
Maybe someone could give me some advice. I have a Tango Kennedy Flipper and I am having trouble getting any amount of use out of it before I have to re-assemble the whole thing. When I use Super-glue I thing it eats away at the r***** ***d . So I tried double stick tape but apparently it is not holding well enough to keep the r****** ***d from slipping off.
...the magic that creates Memories!
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Ttorres,

If you want, you can send us the coin and we'll fix it without cost.

Bye.
ttorres
View Profile
Special user
Rock Hill, SC
513 Posts

Profile of ttorres
That is a very generous offer Mr. Tango. Thank you. I am not that familiar with this coin (at least not yet) There may not be anything wrong with the coin other than operator error.
...the magic that creates Memories!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Mr Tango,

I like your coins, and I like the way you do business.
I love TUC!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Thanks Professor, I love TUC too, today I found a great chink a chink routine with TUC, I will upload in few days.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
726 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
I just got my C/S/B set yesterday and love it! the coins are great quality and I'm very happy with them. I'll put a review up in a few days, but they are great! Thank you Mr. Tango!
tryphon
View Profile
New user
Florida, USA
50 Posts

Profile of tryphon
Quote:
On 2009-01-22 21:17, djkuttdecks wrote:
How are the Tango coins? I never really did much in the way of coin magic however, I was looking at getting a few gimmicks like an expanded shell, flipper, and a shim. I am stuck between johnson coins and tango. Thoughts? The good, the bad, and the ugly... what do people think?

-DJ

Johnson coins are excellent, but lately I have been buying a lot of Tango coins. I think their quality is now on a par with Johnson and the price is right. I have not been disappointed by any of the Tango gaffed coins.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8959 Posts

Profile of funsway
I just picked up an old Tango Vanishing Quarter Pull. Since it can vanish other coins as well it will greatly expand my use of "borrowed coins" -- including swapping out my Quarter TUC.

The key to all of Mr. Tango's special coins is versatility and apparent simplicity.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
Rory111
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Rory111
I have purchased several coins from Tango.... All special order'64 Kennedy Halves.... two hooked halves, a magnetic copper/silver set, a steel core half, a magnetic half, a standard copper/silver set, one double faced, one double tails, an internal folder, two copper/silver coins and a TUC. All are great coins.....and the prices were good!

I found Mr. Insua..aka. "Mr. Tango" to be a pleasure to do business with... he is very responsive and very customer service oriented! He responds promptly to your communications and wants you to be satisfied with your purchase(s).... I am!
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
I just received my Tango C/S silver line coin and I have a coin that slipped when the coins were glued, there are 2 edges that stick out from how the coins slipped, it has sharp edges. about 1/16 inch.
So far my wife and friend both said they can see the error when I'm showing the coin in my palm.

Mr Tango I contacted the seller and they said "No Returns at all" can you help to get this coin fixed or replace it with a coin that is correctly glued and centered? Tahnk You.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
461 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Duaut I sent a private message to you to solve your problem
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Coins (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL