The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Boris Wild's Wild Poker Trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MerlH
View Profile
Loyal user
Carolina Shores, N.C.
272 Posts

Profile of MerlH
I think this will surpass NFW in popularity. Two cards are laid down as hole cards. They are not very good. Three additional cards are then shown as the river cards. Not a very good poker hand at all. The 5 cards are put together, a pass is made and they turn into a spade royal flush. All cards are then shown front and back and tossed on the table. Takes a little work, but the DVD helps and I think it is easier to do than NFW. Total time to do is around 30 seconds depending upon patter. As you do not have 7 cards as in Texas holdem, the patter needs a little more work but the effect is great!
Merl Hamen Old dog-- New tricks
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
679 Posts

Profile of ejohn
It is a topical, visual, pretty effect.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4980 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Superb, check out the online video.

- http://boriswild.com/magicshop_wpt.html

Super visual and very smooth card magic.
Easy to do, no sleights required.
A very clean, direct effect from FISM card winner Boris Wild.
magicpatoche
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magicpatoche
For those who have the trick now, could it be possible to use WPT in a poker routine instead as a sole packet trick?
Let say I distribute 5 hands and mine doesn't seem so great and I change it into the Royal flush?
Thank you.
Patrick
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Patrick- yes, you could. But you'd have to either do a packet switch or take a packet of five cards off the top for yourself (instead of dealing cards out individually).
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
I like very much the magic of Boris Wild but I find this effect is really too fast and not really adapted to an hold'em players' audience, I prefer longer routines like you can do with his Ultimate Deck or the Bikini one.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
What about reworking on the principle in a routine if you find Boris' effect too quick.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
In fact I've only seen someone doing it very fast in front of me, I don't know how it works and what potential it has Smile
Danik1
View Profile
Regular user
Saint-Eustache, Canada
185 Posts

Profile of Danik1
I own WPT. I bought it at a Boris Wild lecture in Montreal last summer.

My take on it is: Good locking effect but not to practical. Sure you could come up with a nice routine, but it will almost always turn around the magician having a bad hand in a poker game who then turns it into a winning hand.

It's been done before so nothing new here. But there is a good thing to the effect. The change of the bad hand into the winning hand is pretty fast and pretty cool. Other than that, I don't know. I never performed it in front of an audience and I bought it 6 months ago.

But hey! I bought it anyway so there must be something good about it right!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Twisting the aces, Ace assembly...?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Boris Wild's Wild Poker Trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL