The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review for Zap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
So, I've just finished reading the booklet and watching the video for Zap. What can I say? It only provides you with a SKELETON of hypnosis. What this product provides is one induction method along with VERY basic wording. It's a below mediocre product. You can tell that they are very serious about Zap being a target for liability which explains why the majority of the DVD/booklet is spent with safety precautions. Now, that I've got that out of the way, let me go into everything that is WRONG with Zap.

First off, you can't teach Zap without going thoroughly into the details of how hypnosis works and why it works. You can't sum it up as "If you play the part, it will work, just follow these technical instructions we provide you." You can't learn hypnosis like that. One must understand the psychology which includes going in depth with concepts such as anchoring, what rapport is and techniques for gaining rapport. Other things needs to be covered such as mirroring, etc. etc. I understand that the product was made to just teach an instant induction and more or less nothing else but inductions are just a small part of hypnosis and before any inductions should be taught, the basics needs to be taught IN DETAIL.

There's also A LOT of things that are in the performance videos which are NOT explained in the explanations and these are VERY important things for achieving the visual theatrics for the rest of the audience. This was what truly makes Zap a very disappointing product, for those that do not have a background in hypnosis, they will undoubtedly not know what Hon Wong is holding out but for those that do know, they will most definitely catch this MAJOR FAULT with the product and understand how charging $150 for Zap is not only way too expensive but a very poor (even for a beginner level instructional product) introductory instructions for hypnosis as well.

The only thing that was of any worth for me is Hon Wong's view on what hypnosis should look like. That's one thing I thought was excellent because the truth is, if you were really to hypnotize a person, you should be able to make them, as he says, drop like a sack of potatoes. It's such a strong visual element and adds quite a lot to the theatrics of stage/entertainment hypnosis. HOWEVER, let's be honest here, that's not really educational material, it could have been something mentioned in a newsletter or a blog for hypnotists. Absolutely thumbs and toes down for this product. If you want to learn hypnosis, go read some literature on hypnosis, you will learn much more as well as learning it CORRECTLY. Just because you can perform an instant induction, it doesn't mean you can really perform hypnosis.
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
Kissdadookie,

thank you for your review and for giving us more info on a (IMO) high priced product.

If I read the add it sounded so easy to perform but I had my doubts. Now that I have your review I stay away of it because what you told us is what my innermost told me. It is not easy and not achivable like it is written.

Cheers,
Jarod
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
My review of ZAP:
Perform this on your mother, or your daughter. No?
Ok, I'll do ZAP on your Mom or daughter. Why not?
Enough said,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I agree - enough said!
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Just what I always wanted to do.
Yank some 250 pound guy down to the ground.
Now that's entertainment!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » My Review for Zap (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL