The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Number of posts... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Haven't reached 50 posts yet but this one makes me one closer.

Had a look at the Members area in the Café and sorted the members by the number of posts. Clicked on the last page and found that some members actually got a negative number of posts. Don't know how they did that. Magic perhaps...??
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
That is new to me too. How does one gets negative number of posts???
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
!sdrawkcab tsop ruoy etirw ot evah uoY
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
LOL! Reading it backwards takes some effort too.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
That's really weird, no idea how that would happen. What was the biggest number of negative posts?
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Ah, just had a look. -4. That is weird though..
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
keith1569
View Profile
New user
California
87 Posts

Profile of keith1569
Hahah that would be funny..every time you make a post your loose post count and start going to the negative areas haha..
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I guess I am safe for a while then. lol

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
I've participated in a number of discussions that have later been deleted/censored for various reasons (I like to think it wasn't only because of my participation in them).

Once when I was pushing the magic 50 posts, I remember suddenly going down 2 posts, which was disappointing at the time because I wanted access to Secret Sessions that same day.

Now I have too many posts compared to my absurdly low skill and experience level, and sometimes when I write newbie questions, people think I am making fun of them in the New to Magic forum. Which I'm not.

I guess deleted posts don't explain anything really, as you wouldn't get to a negative number in any case. But I wrote all of this before I realized that so here we are.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I saw at least 5 members having negative posts. Still wondering how and why this occurred.
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Another fact is that half of the members haven't made a post yet. Ca. 19000 out of ca. 38000 as I can figure out.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
Well that makes sense, you sign up, troll around a bit and realize it isn't for you.
Andreas S.
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of Andreas S.
Or you get a bit shy, because of all the really good magicians who are in this forum.

Especially, if english is not your mother language.
Man, I know this feeling.
scaevola
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of scaevola
There are plenty of legitimate reasons for not posting here after signing up. you might not have time, you might forget about it, you might not find anything interesting to talk about, etc
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Within my third or so post here I was already threatened with being banned. I had misunderstood one of the rules about your avatar having to be of a face. Mine was of magic props. It kept disappearing and I kept replacing it, thinking it was something I had done wrong with the image format.

So I nearly walked away thinking I was on very strict and unfriendly territory to a beginner. Which of course would have been a terrible mistake because it is quite the opposite.

But I have seen newcomers get attacked because they post an innocent question about something basic in the wrong section and some guy who has written five magic books and 20.000 forum posts feels he has to prove his superiority to a kid.

So I'm sure a lot of people are scared away. There are many strong personalities within this community. I suppose it works as some sort of magic natural selection. Smile
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
But how does the negative post comes in? Still wondering.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
That's what the Magic Café Tech Help area is for. Ask there.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Number of posts... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL