The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angela Funovits Card Burn & Bruise Amazing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
I came across this and thought her performance was fantastic. I have seen the Bruise effect before which I highly recommend from Creative Magic. However, does anyone know what this card burn is? Is this effect out yet?
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Just wanted to let you all know that I found it! The effect is called inferno card!
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Stooge.
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
No, it is definitely NOT a stooge Smile
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
This looks exactly like the "Reveal" flash cards sold by IllusionCraft, which can be found here: http://www.illusioncraft.co.uk/illusioncraft_magic_range.htm

I was not aware of the Inferno Cards produced by Fun Inc. until now, although they seem to be relatively new based on the date on this blog post: http://royalmagic.blogspot.com/2008/12/n......rds.html

I wonder if there are any differences between these two products. They appear to be exactly the same -- cards printed on flash paper. I do own the Reveal cards and I absolutely love them.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
Phatmeat,

Can a spectator handle the Reveal cards?

Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
The card burn is called inferno card which can be found at mjm
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Slydini62, I am interested to hear your reasons why you think the bruising did not involve a stooge?
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Bryan,

I wouldn't suggest allowing the spectator to handle the Reveal cards. In the right conditions and with proper audience management it would certainly be possible, although I wouldn't risk it. But I see no need to allow the spectator to actually handle the gimmicked card as it pretty much looks like an ordinary playing card that you can keep in your pack and handle very fairly.

Although once you've set ablaze to the card to reveal their correct selection, the spectator can keep the charred card as a souvenir since any evidence of the gimmick has vanished.
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
The guy was a stooge. He said 5 of spades, which just so happens to be a Bruised card.

Or who knows, maybe she did some pre-show and forced him the 5 of spades before hand? Very unlikely, especially with this being a TV special.

The reveal of the Inferno card and the Bruised cards don't need a stooge, it was his "free" selection of the 5 of spades.

Bryan

MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Having no idea how the Beautiful Angela got him to name that card but.......

These televison bits often use pre-show work. Possibly using an impression device, peek device or a card is forced earlier off camera and the performer says to the volunteer, choose your FAVORITE CARD while forcing the card and even possibly letting them place that card in their pocket.

Now on camera she says THINK of your FAVORITE CARD and of course it is the card just forced earlier.

A bit of Dual Reality for the viewers.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Nice performance regardless of any pre-show work. Besides, Angela is quite easy on the eyes!
Tony Chapparo
jrl41090
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jrl41090
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 02:03, Tony Chapparo wrote:
Nice performance regardless of any pre-show work. Besides, Angela is quite easy on the eyes!

She definitely is! She has a certain style to her character that is intriguing, yet...
I feel like most of the performances I see by her are bland, and seem rather forced. It just doesn't come off as natural and authentic to me. In no way am I saying she isn't a talented a magician; I just find that sometimes her performances are like nails on a chalkboard for me.
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Very good performance Angela.

I have these cards and she has to know the card in advance the way she did it. You can make the force card anything you want but a small spot card is preferred because of clarity and contrast after the burn.
Arnie
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 15:32, MagicMan1957 wrote:

These televison bits often use pre-show work.
[...]

Now on camera she says THINK of your FAVORITE CARD and of course it is the card just forced earlier.

A bit of Dual Reality for the viewers.

This definitely very often happens! (and this is just a statement, not criticism)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Great combination of effects.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Teriffic. like a real big hickey.
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1249 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Sorry to dredge this back up, but I just came across this, and I'm stumped. It doesn't seem feasible to PS someone who clearly doesn't speak English. Forget the method, the reactions were totally solid, and that's what she was going for! I say "great job!"
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
She is a great performer regardless of method, I think some clever pre show work, and that's just fine with me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Angela Funovits Card Burn & Bruise Amazing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL