The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Money Silks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I know that Gosh make a $100 silk and a 50 Euro silk, but I'm looking for a third currency silk (a yen silk would be perfect). Does anyone know if these are available? Or, if someone knows how to make these?

Thanks in advance
Harold Cataquet
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
I would contact some of the Japanese Magic companies such as Seo Magic if you are looking for a Yen silk and ask them that question.

M. Reist
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
If you have an inkjet printer, you can print your own silks! I just discovered this for myself and I wrote up the information on The Magic Nook Forum under "The Next Big Thing." The write-up contains sources.

I am very pleased with the results. They behave like regular silks for the most part, but my write-up goes into the advantages and disadvantages. The biggest advantage is the convenience (I'm always coming up with ideas for which there are no commercially available silk designs) and the price (about $2.00 per silk).

I will share some of my new uses for "Print Your Own" silks on The Magic Nook forum from time to time, and add photos as I go along.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
362 Posts

Profile of cataquet
I have known for a long time that you can print silks on ink jet printers. A simple google reveals a site that shows you how to do it
http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/con......ions.pdf
Essentially, you just need to get a sticky label as big as your silk. That ensures that your silk stays flat when it goes under the jets... The advantages are pretty obvious - you can print whatever you want, and quickly. The disadvantages are that the size of the silk is limited to the width of your intray; the ink colors are not waterproof; and you have to have the image at right dpi (ie, you can't just blow up an avatar and expect it to fit on a letter sized paper).

If you visit a local art shop, they will give you all the information you need.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 4:36pm
In my case, an inkjet printed silk might work. However, I haven't got a white silk that is the right size and quality (to match the Goshman silks); those Goshman silks are very thin.

So, if I'm going to get a white silk made, I would have to ask Richard to make me up the three white silks, and then I'd have to print the three silks myself - one euro, one dollar, and one yen... I'm hoping that someone at Goshman will decide that there is enough demand to make up a Yen (or another third currency) silk.
Harold Cataquet
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7403 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Remember when you make up the silks that they have to play at distance. Too much detail will be lost on stage.

I think I can make up the silk like Goshman's. I think they are 5 momme.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Money Silks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL