The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » N--- Writer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I'm considering putting together a history of the n*** Writer, with contributions of routines, much like I did with The Open Prediction.

I know that this has been done before, somewhat (20 tricks with a N-W; Lee Earle's video, etc.), but I'd like to go more in-depth and perhaps collect 50 routines.

Is there an interest here? If not, I may just do it as a smaller work, and include my own research and routines.

- entity
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
A true history would be fascinating.
Gets my vote.
Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
charlesgmorgan
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of charlesgmorgan
Are you considering just the NW, or are you trying to cover all s***is?

Are you going to include material on making your own, or just consider commercially available products?

Cheers .... Charles
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
Absolutely.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Great idea!
xxx
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I would be willing to contribute, Tom.

Best,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Great! Start sending me your ideas and routines, folks.

Charles: I'll detail all types of sw***s. (Gee, this will be much more difficult to discuss on the open forum than The Open Prediction was!) I can include a how-to-make-your-own section, but will have to see who owns the rights to some models.

Send your routines and ideas to: tom@thoughtcontrol.ca

Cheers,

- entity
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2489 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Get smy vote too
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Have you seen the history of the device that Craig Snader put out a few years ago? Don't recall the title but Bill Palmer may know. It was more a history of the device than a collection of routines.
wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
ENTITY;

How about this for an idea - could you give us a typographical convention to conform to? Perhaps with required subheadings and/or formatiing rules? It's just I remember you saying that much of your time was spent tidying up things like these. Suggestions might be;

Author Biography
Effect
Method
References & Inspirations
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I'd thought about that, too.

What I think I'll do is this -- When people contact me with their ideas/routines, I'll have a look through my research to see if their routine is new/original. If it is, I'll write back to the contributor with a sort of template of how to put it together, including what you've suggested, but also a uniform font to use, format, etc. This time, I also won't accept point-form submissions that I have to re-write. That will make my life SOOOOO much easier.

Live and learn.

Bdekolta: I am aware of the Snader essay, but I don't own it. I'm off to visit my friend Tom Ransom, who has a COMPLETE Magic/Mentalism library (at least one of everything! Two first editions of The Discovery of Witchcraft, I think!)) to root through for research material.

- entity
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Thomas,

I just sent you my "Prophetriter" routine (in case you did not know it already).

Enjoy!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
charlesgmorgan
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of charlesgmorgan
I just emailed you a couple of things ... and even included the forgotten attachment! Let me know if you want to use them.

Cheers ...... Charles
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
I have the Snader manuscript somewhere in my library. Not sure where off the top of my head. It's a pretty slim manuscript. I'll try to dig it up.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Al Mann's TOOLS OF OMAR deals with this.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I'd be happy to contribute

-rob
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Jerskin:

Thanks for the reminder. I have Tools of Omar -- somewhere.

- entity
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
412 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
I'd be very interested as well. If you decide to go for it, let me know and I'll contribute.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Mauricio: A number of people have already sent contributions. If you'd like to participant, email me at: tom@thoughtcontrol.ca and let me know, and I'll email back to you a page with the format to use.

Before I get too many people sending in contributions, I guess I should state some ground rules...

If you send in a routine, do your best to make sure it's original. I'll do my best to vet the submissions that I receive to make sure they haven't been invented by someone else first, but it would help if each contributor kept this in mind.

In return for contributions, as with The Open Prediction Project, in lieu of free copies of the e-book I think I'll offer the cash reward again. Those who purchase this e-book will be allowed to vote for their favorite contribution. The contribution that receives the most votes by a (to be decided) cut-off date will be paid $1,000. for their contribution.

There are no criteria for what constitutes your "favorite" apart from what you decide for yourself.

As with The Open Prediction Project, I'll retain copyright for this as a collection, but each contributor will retain all rights over their own contributions.

Cheers,

- entity

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 11:04am
Bdekolta: I've managed to track down the Snader booklet. Many thanks for the heads-up, and thanks to those who've searched on my behalf.

- entity
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Are you interested in an effect where the NW 'does not write'...a two spectator effect.Modified from an effect in 13 Steps.
Dr Mukherjee.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » N--- Writer (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL