The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » N--- Writer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I am really overwhelmed by the NWA...lots and lots of great info!

Good one, Tom...and the other guys too!

Nathan
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Thanks, Nathan. I hope you'll give more feedback as you get deeper into the book.

Many people are commenting to me privately about the "look" of this ebook, and I'd like to credit Mauricio Jaramillo, a well-known mentalist in Columbia for creating the outstanding titles used throughout. His help with the graphics for this project deserves recognition.

- entity
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1342 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow! This is a tremendous NW resource that I think is unequaled in scope and creativity. The history section alone is worth the price! I am so thrilled for the opportunity to take part in the project, and I really think that entity has outdone himself here in terms of editing, research and production. THIS really is the resource I wish I'd had years ago. Entity takes his work seriously, and it continues to show in all his written and edited products. And it IS beautifully produced. I am eagerly waiting for whatever project comes next! (Entity seems to be creating, little by little, the Encyclopedia Galactica of mentalism...)

I'll probably have more to say about specifics as I delve into the work in more detail. But huge kudos, entity, and also those who contributed, of course. This is a long-needed work that is a historic contribution to the art. In short, I'm exceedingly happy. Smile Thanks for this, entity!

Seth
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Thank you Seth. This Anthology has benefited greatly from contributions such as yours, and those of the other participants. I was truly amazed by the quality of the information, tips and routines that people were willing to share in this collection.

- entity
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
The VERY last page has a great story & a very important lesson...I'm glad I jumped ahead.

Nathan
charlesgmorgan
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of charlesgmorgan
Quote:
On 2009-03-28 19:54, Nathan Pain wrote:
The VERY last page has a great story & a very important lesson...I'm glad I jumped ahead.

Nathan

I, too, loved that story. Makes me feel a little less embarrassed about my suggestions concerning flesh colored paint!!!

Cheers ..... Charles
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
I've received a number of emails asking if the same voting situation that was incorporated with the OP Project is at play with The Nail Writer Anthology.

Yes. Everyone who purchases The Nail Writer Anthology will be asked to vote for their favorite piece from the ebook. The author of the piece that receives the most votes will be paid $1,000.00 for their work.

Voting will begin mid-May, and will close mid-June, I think.

Thanks to all who are responding so enthusiastically to this, both publicly and privately.

- entity
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1259 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
In Tom's Anthology Randi tells about his experience with Barbara Walters and mentions that it can be found on Youtube.

Anyone know where? I've looked. I'd love to see it.

By the Tom, great work. I expected nothing less.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
'Thorough' is far too weak a word for Tom Baxter's latest contribution to the art of Mentalism.

As the high-season barrels down upon me at the resort (this is a good thing), I am finding precious little time to sit, read and study. However, "The NW Anthology" is keeping me up late (this too is a good thing). My children are miffed at how cranky I am in the mornings but they can just get over it.

Seriously, Tom Baxter's comprehensive history on the use and development of various styles and makes of these oh-so-necessary tools is nothing less than a joy to peruse.

In the interest of full-disclosure (and at the risk of sounding like a senator approving a bill he never read) I have not finished studying the Anthology completely. However, what I have read leaves no doubt Tom's book will certainly help you stimulate your own economy.

Tom, I'm sure glad you're on our side.

Warm regards,
Mick Ayres
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Thanks, Mick! Get some sleep. You can read in the off-season. (Oops! Forgot. You don't have one.)

Dan: Spoke with Randi yesterday. They're re-doing the youtube video of the Barbara Walters spot. It should be up and running in a couple of days.

- entity
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
412 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
Thanks for the kind words Tom, I am very happy to have been able to contribute to your wonderful project. I really hope this literally is "STEP 1" in your work. I've already been trying out 3 of the ideas at a concert lounge on Friday night while doing walkaround and the reactions were nothing but incredible. Been checking out the OP Project and it's a treasure trove of ideas as well, thanks again for all this.

Really looking forward to the Randi video, I was searching all over youtube. The description he gave is very bold, the kind of effects I love to see.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Thanks, Mauricio:

For those who don't know, the "Step 1" that Mauricio refers to is the "Step 1" in Corinda's 13 Steps to Mentalism, which dealt exclusively with the Nail Writer.

I don't know if I have 12 more in me, but time will tell.

- entity

Posted: Mar 30, 2009 12:02pm
I'm slightly overwhelmed by the response to The Nail Writer Anthology. Thanks to all who have ordered. Please be patient, as I do my best to send out your orders the same day, but at times it may take until the next day.

People continue to send me ideas and routines, so an addendum is already in the works. When completed I'll send it to all who have ordered already, plus attach it to new orders.

cheers,

- entity
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Quote:
On 2009-03-30 12:02, entity wrote:
I'm slightly overwhelmed by the response to The Nail Writer Anthology. Thanks to all who have ordered. Please be patient, as I do my best to send out your orders the same day, but at times it may take until the next day.

People continue to send me ideas and routines, so an addendum is already in the works. When completed I'll send it to all who have ordered already, plus attach it to new orders.

cheers,

- entity

Tom, you are doing wonderful!!

My copy arrived in minutes...

Many thanks for the great service!!

Eric
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
This is an incredible peice of work. I'm 50 pages in so far, Tom has done an amazing Job again, and the contributions are simmply stunning, some stuff I had never heard of before. Well done everybody who contributed. This is destined to become a classic.
Kudos..

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Dang you guys! I'm gonna' have to find a night job to keep up with all the great stuff I wanna' buy. Adding this one to the list.

At first, I was really impressed. I thought it was an anthology written entirely with a Nail Writer.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Mike: As I mention in the introduction to the book, I considered writing the entire thing with a nail writer, but when the pages started to pile up (ultimately to 170 pages!), the urge quickly passed.

- entity
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Ha! Glad to know we're thinking along similar lines. Now, if a billion monkeys with nailwriters wrote for a billion years,...
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-03-31 02:13, Mike Ince wrote:
Ha! Glad to know we're thinking along similar lines. Now, if a billion monkeys with nailwriters wrote for a billion years,...

I think they'd use their BaBoon writers. Ba-da-bing! Thanks folks... I'll be here all night. Tip your waitresses and enjoy the veal!!!
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Smile

That was the perfect finish.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Hi all:

Magical Bibliophile extraordinaire Byron Walker has provided me with some very difficult-to-find additional information that means a few slight changes and additions in the history section of The Nail Writer Anthology.

I've made the changes and will send out updated files over the next few days to all who have purchased.

cheers,

- entity
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » N--- Writer (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL