The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rotating levitation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Hello,

I have recently seen a brilliant levitation performed (And I guess created) by Jason Latimer...

The illusion starts at minutes 5:00

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=KAcjiZksqz4

Have you seen that before?

Best regards!
Mattillusion
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of Mattillusion
I recently came across this too. It is astonishing and fooled me badly. Great work Jason!
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
JL is one of those guys who you just don't hear enough about. By far one of the most original guys I have seen in a long time. Honestly, if I had to pick someone who was capable of being the next DC, it might very well be him - perhaps not in the sense of the mega illusions DC does, but in terms of the originality....maybe Im wrong, but I don't see too many guys like him.... He's just one of those guys who seems to 'get it'.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
Nice Demo but it is reduced through the big laser probs with Theo Dari ( http://www.theodari.com ). When I did understand it correct he had the idea for the routine and didn´t give his allowance to JL.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I like him better than DC, but that's just me.

Jim
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Holy crap.

I'd say more.. but it's hard to talk when my jaw has dropped to the floor.

He's talented.. handsome.. personable.. all he needs is better PR.. he could be HUGE
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1387 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Sadly, he's completely stolen my friend's illusion and is happily flaunting it in this video.
To be more precise, I'm referring to the illusion called "2-D" by Franz Harary which begins at the 1:45 mark.
It's all in the reflexes.
Erich Troudt
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Erich Troudt
Actually, I'm pretty sure its Franz's prop. He borrowed it from Franz for a show a couple years back.

Does he have his own now? How does Franz feel about it being in his video?

That I don't know.
papachico
View Profile
New user
belgium
66 Posts

Profile of papachico
I cant find the movie on you tube can you give me the right link thanks papa chico belgium
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
It was removed. Wonder why?
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2476 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I do believe this was the prettiest thing Jason has ever designed. I've worked around the prop several times and it is very clever but also HUGE! It's one of those illusions that's not practical for some venues but great for the larger stages. He actualy engineered it himself and it's very well thought out.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Why are people here so quick to claim Jason has stolen stuff?

I've seen the website for the other laser guy.. and his stuff is very little like Jason's act. Any similarity seems to be coincidental. If he complained.. I'm surprised that there was any real comparison! other than working with lasers.. the act seems entirely different.

Jason has worked in an FX shop for a long time.. and has access to cool stuff that many magicians would be afraid to try. (David Copperfield is nearly a technophobe.. he tries to NEVER rely on remote control or electronic anything.. much preferring mechaincal control or cable control on his props.. which can be both a hinderance and an advantage)

Be nice to eachother.. and once in a while.. don't !@#$% before you have the proper information.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-01-26 20:38, Hector wrote:
Hello,

I have recently seen a brilliant levitation performed (And I guess created) by Jason Latimer...

The illusion starts at minutes 5:00

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=KAcjiZksqz4

Have you seen that before?

Best regards!

Video is down why?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Rotating levitation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL