The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mano lift (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Wow...

That's wonderful...

Mano is one of great coin worker today

Can't wait for next stuff

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hi everyone,

Thanks soo much for your kind words,i'm glad you like the Demagnetized Raven,i wanted to do something similar to The Raven,but using sleight of hand,and this is what I came up with.

There is CP involved in this trick,but it is not the way I steal the coin;i steal the coin with an underused move as Iceblade mentioned. Michael Rubenstein uses it a great deal and so does Dr Saw but in general the move is underused.

Charles Morrit used the move in the Purse trick page 335 of BOBO,and I guess that is the reason is called the purse palm,i maybe wrong though,i'm sorry guys I do not read that many magic books,:).

One day I was checking some videos of some magicians doing shadow coins kind of routines , and did not like the way they were stealing the coin or the $#*ll ,using the index and pinky,to me their hand looked unnatural and although I have seen several magicians using the index and pinky and their hands look fine,i just thought that the hands would look completely normal using the purse palm, and that is when I started practicing the manolift.

My friend Leonard Koning (leko) from Holland,he called it the manolift and I thought it was a good name for it.

In the DVD La Famiglia produce By The Godfather Vinny Marini And Charley Chang,i perform and explain the move,the dvd came out several years ago,and since then I have developed some routines with it (Crossing in the Air one a wooden surface)2 version of it and a couple of more;i was gonna video tape and put on youtube version 2 last year,but I hurt my hands and could not;i promise to do that this year once my hands get better that way you can see some applications using this move,A lot of the Dean Dill routines performed on a mat, go very well using this move.

the move can be done from a penny up to a silver dollar,but I can only do it on a hard surface with half and silver dollar,it is a difficult move to get,it requires lots of practice and it is only good for magicians who like shadow coins routines,i prefer to work at sturnum level but I figure it would not hurt to have a couple of these kind of routines on my repeatoire.

Smooth (MB)Thanks again for your kind words and no reason to apologize my friend,we have to Jam soon,my hands are about 10 days away from being 100% again.

Once again thanks everyone and if you have any question feel free to ask, and I'll be glad to answer.

Good night now.

Mano.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Mano that move you do is insane! I know your secret though: you had generous amounts of super glue on your palm...or better yet, your hand naturally sweats a sticky glue like substance allowing you to climb up walls Peter Parker style, or do insane things like the Mano lift...nah just playing

Excellent work!

Evikshin
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I put about 10 hours in on this wicked cool move about 6 months ago but weakened and used Evikshin's suggestion instead! Smile

This sleight is NOT for the casual worker but if you want to excel to the level of the greats, Mano's teaching and training method for the Mano Lift is intense and will work IF you put in the time and dedication! Keep in mind that Mano is a top class marathon runner so you can just imagine the "Heart" this man puts into his passions!

The Mano Lift is nothing short of shear beauty!

Mick
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
896 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Hey Mick I forgot to mention, the super glue is great...up until the moment you need to get rid of the coin from your hand...then you literally have coin perfect for the Gadabout routine! I guess the spectator can't accuse you of lying when you say you have a "sticky" coin!

I will look into this move (my understanding is that its on the La Famigilia DVD?)

Evik
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Yep
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 12:56, Pablo_Amira wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l5Pm2Q56U4

This video has been removed by the user.
sleeperz
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn of NEW YORK
12 Posts

Profile of sleeperz
Quote:
In the DVD La Famiglia produce By The Godfather Vinny Marini And Charley Chang,i perform and explain the move,the dvd came out several years

where can I get this dvd.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Vinnymarini.com it is for sale on my web site
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
dj
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of dj
Mano is my friend.
I know Mano lift and his Demagnetized Raven .
Incredible!

I've tried Demagnetized Raven .
That does not look as good as Mano's Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gysrw8NOqQ8

dj
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Mano is a wizard.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mano lift (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL