The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mike Caveney (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Mike Caveney calls in from the world headquarters of Magic Words Inc. to join us for a chat on the most recent episode of the Magic Newswire "Spirit of Magic" podcast. Mike talks about the inspiration and evolution of many of his signature effects, his role in the Left Handed League, the Bubonic Players and much more. ENJOY!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Mike Caveney is hands down one of the best magicians that has ever lived!

Side story...

I used to work for a concert promoter here in my fair city. One time I was working a Counting Crows show and was doing some coin tricks for the guys and their production manager. He thought I was pretty good and started talking magic with me. He told me that his great grandfather was Carter the Great!

I told him that there was this guy in Ca. who was a poster collector and had all kinds of Carter stuff. We talked for a bit, I had to go make a run but when I got back, apparently he had made a call to Mike, and according to him, Mike validated me by saying something like "yeah, I know of him, he's a coin guy from NYC".

After being validated by Mike, the guys in the band and the mgr. raised their value of my effects...lol, it was funny because there was a noticeable difference in how they treated me the rest of the night.

So, even if you don't remember it...thank Mike!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Great story Justin! That's awesome...

Thanks again Dodd for posting all these interviews. I have a blast listening to them! I'm starting to fall behind! Smile
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Heh.. It's been a busy month.

Part 2 of Mike's interview will go up tomorrow.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Part 2 with Mr Caveney is up and ready for your enjoyment. Enjoy!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
jocdoc
View Profile
Inner circle
Carlsbad, CA
1181 Posts

Profile of jocdoc
Thanks, Dodd. You're doing a great job, by the way. I've been enjoying your podcasts since last April.
Life is an improv. The game goes on...
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 20:45, jocdoc wrote:
Thanks, Dodd. You're doing a great job, by the way. I've been enjoying your podcasts since last April.

Thanks!!
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
A wonderful interview Dodd. I kept saying ask about the coffee routine, ask about the coffee routine! Next time... By the way, your list of guests is really putting out little podcast to shame, but great job!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Mike Caveney (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL