The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Can anyone identify this packet trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
I found this trick. It's in perfect shape, but I can't remember what it is. There are 8 cards and they were in an Atlantis card box. The cards are (in left to right fan order):

Four blue-backed cards - 10C, 10D, Blank Face, 10S
Double-facer - blank/10S
Double-facer - 10D on both sides
10H with Atlantis card back
10C with solid green back
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
If memory serves correct it appears you have some of the cards that belong to a wild card-type effect by Dominique Duvivier as presented by Daryl called Printing...that is if memory serves me correctly.

peace, charlie
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Sounds like the original Prining trick. It was sold separately and also came with Duvivier's big book Magie Duvivier published by Kaufman. The Daryl routine was a variation called Presto Printo or soemthing like that. Also very good with more realistic "printed" cards, like a reverse face, a "smudged" card, etc. (I believe Daryl also had a handling variation of the original.)

Both are excellent and play very well.

If you bought the trick by itself, you should have an instruction sheet laying around somewhere. Otherwise, if you got the book, you're all set.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
The set you described is an effect put out by Dominique Duvivier called Printing. I know cards (Atlantis box) came with a VHS tape that was put out a while back and apparently the effect can also be found in the book that Scott mentioned (I do not own the book) but I don't know if the book also came with cards (as opposed to just a write-up of the effect). More recently, Dominique Duvivier put out the cards again except this time they were printed with Bicycle backs and no video was included. You may still be able to find the video somewhere. It is not a very long video but it is sufficient to teach the trick. Dominique presents the effect for a live audience (with assistance from a translator) and then explains two handlings (one that is quite easy and another that is more difficult) for the trick (again assisted by a translator).
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
OK, thanks guys. I checked online and you all are right. Unfortuately, when I bought these they came with the VHS tape instructions. We moved recently and I now remember that I threw that tape out (we threw out a lot of stuff as we had to downsize from a 3000 sq. ft. home to a 1000 sq. ft. apartment).

So, I guess I'll probably just toss them, or maybe order the new version with bike cards and instructions. Thanks again.
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
Is there a good place to pick up this trick or somthing of it's ilk? I love the 'magician has 4 blank cards, then turns them into 4 cards with single color backs that turns to cards with 4 diffrent backs' bit (I'm a packet person, dunno why, must be easy as a casual magician). Didn't want to start a new thread on this. So sorry Trainwing if this happens to steal your thunder!

Brandon
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Re: "Is there a good place to pick up this trick or somthing of it's ilk?"

As mentioned above, try "Presto Printo" still available at Daryl's site.

Paul.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 08:25, trainwing wrote:
So, I guess I'll probably just toss them, or maybe order the new version with bike cards and instructions. Thanks again.

I would hate to see such a good trick go to waste.
If you are getting the re-released set, you could just keep the old ones as a back-up/ practice set.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 09:21, Paul wrote:
Re: "Is there a good place to pick up this trick or somthing of it's ilk?"

As mentioned above, try "Presto Printo" still available at Daryl's site.

Paul.

That wasn't the trick I was refering too, it only uses 4 cards. but that one is interesting
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6015 Posts

Profile of motown
The cards and box were included with his book the Kaufman put out.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
sebastienparis
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of sebastienparis
DARYL'S VERSION IS A COPY OF DUVIVIER. BUY THE ONE FROM THE CREATOR DOMINIQUE DUVIVIER.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Can anyone identify this packet trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.54 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL