The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The vanishing Shakespeare Experiment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2259 Posts

Profile of todsky
Wasn't there a thread in this section about the Shakespeare Experiment?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I think that was just a Midsummer Night's Dream . . .
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1239 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Obviously that was not the thread Todsky is talking about, so I'll ask it again for clarification. If I received my copy (yesterday) and it is shrinkwrapped, does this means it is not numbered from the 1000 edition? in that case, what are my options?

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 09:51, Jeff wrote:
Obviously that was not the thread Todsky is talking about, so I'll ask it again for clarification. If I received my copy (yesterday) and it is shrinkwrapped, does this means it is not numbered from the 1000 edition? in that case, what are my options?

Jeff Pierce

That's the thread I think, but some of it was magiced away.

Mine was shrink wrapped and had no number.
The options appear to be; leave it blank, make up a number and write it in...
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Both of mine were numbered. I trust Todd Karr and The Miracle Factory 110%! If books were not numbered, it was an honest oversight and not because he's sold more than 1,000 copies, I'm sure.

I'm also sure Todd will go out of his way and do his best to right any wrongs here, get people their numbers and continue to provide our community with the most beautiful, high quality books currently being produced and offered for our trade, industry and artform.

Before anyone asks, I have nothing at stake here and TK didn't ask me to post this. I've got a great deal of faith in the man and simply wish to provide a bit of reassurance for others.

-Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
To those who have received unnumbered copies: Are you sure you looked in the right place for the number? Mine is numbered in gold ink in the lower right corner of the tipped in color Shakespeare portrait in the first few pages of the book.
Dick Christian
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4930 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 09:21, Dick Christian wrote:
To those who have received unnumbered copies: Are you sure you looked in the right place for the number? Mine is numbered in gold ink in the lower right corner of the tipped in color Shakespeare portrait in the first few pages of the book.

Ohhhhh, that would be embarrassing.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4203 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 09:21, Dick Christian wrote:

Yep, I do bet some have merely missed finding their number. I'm #173 but I could not care less...the Prop is the thing and this prop is lovely.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Mine has on the lower right of the picture...

of a thousand copies.

But no number.

John
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4203 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 22:21, RevJohn wrote:
Mine has on the lower right of the picture...

of a thousand copies.

But no number.

John

That IS where it would be John.

Todd made an innocent mistake and I would consider these unnumbered copies as EVEN more rare and special.
Allan Given
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Allan Given
I just received mine and it is exactly the same as John's. In the lower right corner it says, "of a thousand copies" but there is no number.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The nice thing is... you can now write 13, 666, or whatever to customize it! Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
674 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
As I mentioned before (but it too vanished), I would have been happy to get an un-numbered book. You can come up with a force number which ties into the Shakespeare theme adding another element to work with. Or have book 1 of 1000 or even Jay Marshall's favorite book edition number (which could tie into the dirty word portion of the book test).
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Yes!
And there is certainly nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 signed and numbered #1's floating around.
Collector's love that idea.

Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2990 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
The binding on mine separated from the cover as it was sitting on the shelf. Seriously. Definitely not the quality product and craftsmanship that was advertised, or that you'd expect from a book at 1/3 the price.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The vanishing Shakespeare Experiment (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL