The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Believe it or not... Ľ Ľ Correct way to be pierced for nipple and/or ear weightlifting? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
Hi. This is my first post so Iíll very briefly introduce myself then Iíll ask my hopefully not too obvious question. My nameís Kyle. I do fire juggling and other fiery skills. In the last few years Iíve been learning sideshow skills as well (though not performing them yet - maybe one day). I do blockhead, basic pin cushion/stitching stuff to your skin, bed of nails, ligthbulb and Iíve been learning sword swallowing for the last few weeks. I have a few people around me who have been helping me learn these skills so Iím doing it right (but no one who does piercing weights). I enjoy learning sideshow because I feel itís pushing my perceived limitations of the body. Iíve been a lurker here for a few weeks now. Iíve also been the recent recipient of some of Slimís amazing notes, which are great thank-you very much Krista and indeed Slim.

So introductions out the way, hereís my question. Iíve done a search for it but couldnít find any specific information; maybe thatís because itís a foolish question but here goes: is there a preferable way for having your ears and nipples pierced to learn lifting heavy objects with them? Just to clarify Iím talking about paying a professional to pierce me, not doing it myself. I know there are different ways of piercing but I donít know enough to ask the right questions when I get pierced. Also on a side note how long do you need to wait before the weights? Presumably at least a few months.

Any information will be much appreciated. You can PM me if you feel it necessary but I presume the answers should be okay to post.

Cheers (Yes, Iím British.)
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
From whom are you learning?
ďYou canít depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focusĒ -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Kyle, please send me a PM
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
Hey Nippulini I've sent you a PM.

Unfortunately I've not been learning from sideshow professionals, just people who have experience with individual stunts. One person taught me nail in the nose, another showed me some pincushion; a friend occasionally performs lightbulb and I actually made a bed of nails off the internet.

Iím well aware of the dangers of learning these skills without proper teaching. I learnt fire breathing off the internet and didnít find out until much later how dangerous it was. I quickly stopped and have serious reservations about learning skills off the internet without talking to people who have done them for a few years and know the consequences.

However, I really want to try this (pierced weights) and I suspect it is something you can learn very slowly without too much risk. I have also read up on it on this board and I think I am aware of the dangers - for example Nippuliniís rather scary sounding 2004 injury.

And I should add I was hoping to pick your brains sometime down the line when the necessary piercings have healed enough to be functional. I'm only talking about learning to a basic level. Obviously any advanced version of this skill would require personal tuition.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

You got a PM. Keep me posted.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
Wow, just got a very detailed and extremely helpful PM from Nippulini - thanks a lot. It is much more complicated then I was imagining it - me thinking you could just get a piercing and try it. NOPE. As with everything there's a definite art to it. The moral of the story is: never underestimate sideshow skills!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
When you do, they bite you. Hard. Even the easy ones.
ďYou canít depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focusĒ -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
You should take lessons from the best,,,not take chances !!
I understand the best in the UK is a chap called Kondini !!!

Expert at everything, generouse to a fault, highly entertaining and extremely good looking. All the lesser talents have moved or work in the USA due to the fact that Kondini`s fire here in the UK is too hot to handle.

He also does a very fine line in sponge balls.

Search the net and you may be lucky enough to find him !!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Ken, you aren't vegan by chance are you?

I was asked a few times in the UK if I knew of the vegan sword swallower... apparently that guy is bald too!
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
4416 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
U sure they said Vegan and not VULGA ******* (I did the sensoring myself knowing it would not get through).

Ken you missed out ...... erm cant see anything......

Oh except .... never working in Swadlincote again after last year the bug gers.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Ken also forgot all that lot about bondage fetishes and a penchant for S&M... just look at his picture. Here in the US, we thought he was a lost member of the Village People.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Ken can't help it. Apparently, many of those wacky Brits are forgetting their language.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090130/ap_o......XWtvaA8F

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

So now they're dropping punctuation along with R's at the ends and T's in the middle?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Stop talking drivel and get me that woman who just gave birth to 8 sproggs,,,gotta have her for my show.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Forget it! Too many commas, not enough apostrophes. You're not speaking the same language.

www.bladewalker.com
KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
"England's second-largest city has decided to drop apostrophes from all its street signs, saying they're confusing and old-fashioned."

What? Are they kidding?

"If I want to go to a restaurant, I don't want to have an A-level (high school diploma) in English to find it."

Anyone that confused by a punctuation mark shouldnít be allowed out on roads without supervision.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
They took em off the road signs,,,,!!!! ````` And I cant find where I live !!```
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

I don't know if you guys have commercials for the "Life Alert" beeper/necklace in the UK, but Ken that sounds too close to the classic line "I've fallen and I can't get up!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Believe it or not... Ľ Ľ Correct way to be pierced for nipple and/or ear weightlifting? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL