The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mentalism? Guessing birthday? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tobenjunk
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tobenjunk
I've read that it can be done? Was this just a joke? (I have trouble remembering my own birthday, let alone friends' birthdays, and I've heard this can be done to strangers?)

I find it very hard to believe... :T

Maybe someone would try to guess mine? Smile

-Ben
Jonatan B
View Profile
Veteran user
Gothenburg, Sweden
342 Posts

Profile of Jonatan B
16th of February?
Jonatan Bank
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I'm getting an image....something about your feet...no..hands.....You are having difficulty to whiffel...no..to riffle the front end of some cards with your fingers, not so much difficulty when riffling with your thumbs. But I think unless you riffle both ends it becomes a little difficult for you to "cover the pass". Does this have meaning for you?

Were you also thinking of doing some sort of self improvement? Perhaps finger pushups to strengthen your fingers... maybe look for an even better exercise?

I also see Feb 16. If not your birthday this number has a key role in your life. It could include a female with the letter M attached to her.

Hope this helps,
-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
If you two are right I'm am going to Smile my jaw.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm guessing....er...predicting September.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
August 15!

That's my prediction.

Well, it's a prediction; I never said it would be the RIGHT prediction!

Smile
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Hold on... I'm getting something...

You were born between 1940 and 1990.

Wow, I am amazing!
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well, after lsitening to you, I have to predict, lemme see here, I feel that you are a Leo, no, scorpio. Well, I KNOW that your sign is on the zodiak. Ahhh, here it is, you are a Leo, born in August, on the 15 day. Yes, that's it, August 15
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Yes Tobin it can be done, by various methods. In what context did you want to do this? In a show while you are performing, as a stand alone effect or impromptu. Method depends on venue,
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

You know, this question has definitely sparked some interest in an aspect of mentalism. Where can I find information on reading a birthday? Thanking you in advance, Thoughtreader.
tobenjunk
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tobenjunk
I am a leo!!! LOL But Feb 16 is ......... some how oddly familiar..... and M is the initial for my last name? HMMM

How did you guess august 15! Smile You're very good :x

And LOL @ Josh, I will try very hard to make my fan as beautiful as yours.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Hi Justin,
I wrote a message yesterday before realising that this was not a serious thread.
Jay Sankey marketed an effect years ago where you write a month on one playing card and a date on another. When the assistant tells her birthday, they match up.

Eddie
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Oh, durnit! I had 364 days to guess wrong for a joke -- and I had to pick the RIGHT one!
Smile
(^ or something
like that!)
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Well I said I'd do it.

Peter.....

Smile
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Justin,
There are numerous references and methods out there ranging "star sighn relevations" like Ken DeCourcy's "Celestial Thought", "Zodiaction", Doug Dyment has an ingenious method out there amongst the first that come to mind. One can then use rather basic mentalism techniques to get to the birthday from there. In fact one of the most ingenius methods is found in "King of the Cold Readers" that is guaranteed to blow the socks off of your audience years later.

Then you can move into methods for actual birthday's from Docc Hilford, Herb Dewey and Ted Lesley for starters. The information is out there and avaialable if you hunt for it. I have given you some places to begin to search BUT as you can tell, I never teach anyone by simply handing things to them on a silver plater. I point them in the right direction and from there, they have to continue to find it on their own, learning as they go.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
There's an effect called the "Birthday and Important Event Prediction" on this site:
http://clik.to/absolutelymagical

There's also a book that teaches a way to predict someone's age using a mathematical formula if you are interested. The little trick is called "Hyakugo Gen." The book that I found this on is called "Mental Math Challenges" by Michael L. Lobosco. It's pretty interesting.

Hope this helps. Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Well really, my prediction was based on my moms birthday. It's a small world isn't it?
:rolleyes: Smile
smile4wandini
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of smile4wandini
OK you have one every year unless you were born on a leap year THEN what do you do? Smile
www.smilephoto.com
The Great Wandini
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
What a looooooong time before you can have a beer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mentalism? Guessing birthday? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL