The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost (again) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Mr. Dunphy, I am Kevin. Sometimes its hard to remember all the stuff. I forgot about the slapping incident.

I also think the blond woman will turn out to be "Ms.Hawkins" Does anyone think anyone will die from the time travel (i.e bloody noses...)
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 13:38, kcg5 wrote:
Mr. Dunphy, I am Kevin. Sometimes its hard to remember all the stuff. I forgot about the slapping incident.

I also think the blond woman will turn out to be "Ms.Hawkins" Does anyone think anyone will die from the time travel (i.e bloody noses...)


Unless they're in the core group of main characters when a character professes their love for another character it's only a matter of time before the loved character dies, so I'd say that Charlotte's days are numbered...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-01-29 14:35, kcg5 wrote:
Does anyone remember the episode when richard goes to see john as a baby? He asks john to pick one or two objects? (one of the ways they select the Dalai Lama) Does john pick the compass that richard gave him recently?


And the latin thing was VERY VERY cool. Not expecting that at all.

Whats with this bomb?


No he picks the knife. B'cuz he's hunter...

Latin. Well that would explain the Romanesque statue... The other's have been there for longer than we even realized.

The bomb is what is known as a "Mcguffin". And it's such an annoyingly obvious one at that. Nowhere near as spooky or evocative as the hatch or the button, the freighter or even the Others themselves...

Gee... there's a bomb. Either it's going to go off or it isn't. Sure the who's and why's might be interesting, but still... Either that bomb is going to explode and destroy the island, or it isn't.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
It's interesting that Charlotte was shown in the cast photo for this season, but Jin wasn't.

But they have been known to kill off characters (main cast) before.

I thought it was interesting the Charles Widmore used to be an other, on the island.

- Donald

P.S. Thanks for the info, Kevin & Gaddy.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I think its clear that with richards age, the others have been there for a very, very long time.

and where is the bomb now?, will it even be an issue, they are in a different place now anyway.

And both miles, and whatshername have had the bloody noses.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 14:43, kcg5 wrote:
I think its clear that with richards age, the others have been there for a very, very long time.

and where is the bomb now?, will it even be an issue, they are in a different place now anyway.

And both miles, and whatshername have had the bloody noses.


the fact that Daniel referenced that it had not explodes 50 years from now (1956) leads me to believe that it will be used (or not... YAWN!) in the present (2009).
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I think it's interesting that we found out who some of "the others" were in a previous generation or two (50s), and how their characters have developed into their present roles in current times.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I'm interested in seeing how the magician will be portrayed in the Feb. 18 episode of LOST.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Warning! Spoiler in my post (referring to last night's episode, "This place is death").

Quote:
On 2009-02-06 14:22, gaddy wrote:
Unless they're in the core group of main characters when a character professes their love for another character it's only a matter of time before the loved character dies, so I'd say that Charlotte's days are numbered...


I think you called it. Smile

I enjoyed the episode last night. Some twists I wasn't expecting.

I still have to wonder who Charlotte's father is. They made a bit of a deal about the fact that it was only her and her mom that left the island.

And it was nice to see Rousseau through Jin's eyes.

Loved seeing the smoke monster again.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
When, and how can Rousseau re-appear? What did charlotte think daniel told her to never come back?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!



"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Another spoiler.

Wow! Here's an interesting theory.

I was watching an online video at "Totally Lost", and they theorized that Miles Straum is actually Dr. Pierre Chang's son (Dr. Chang is Marvin Candle and other aliases as the host of the Dharma videos).

We see Dr. Chang's baby in the beginning of the first episode this season ("Because you left").

Remember, Daniel (Faraday) said that Charlotte and Miles were suffering nose bleeds (and other negative effects of time travel) because of how long they had been exposed to the island. Yet, as far as we knew, they had come to the island the first time when they arrived on Widmore's ship last season. Daniel even asked them if they were sure they hadn't been there before.

We recently learned that Charlotte had been born on the island, and lived there for the first few years of her life, before leaving with her mom. And she would die if she returned.

And this theory about Miles would explain that he had been there before, too.

- Donald

P.S. We know at some point that Daniel Faraday does end up down in the Orchid station, at some point in the past (in Dr. Chang's time), because we saw that in the first episode of this season. Maybe he interacts with young Charlotte at that point in her life (at that point in the past)?
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 13:07, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Warning! Spoiler in my post (referring to last night's episode, "This place is death").

Quote:
On 2009-02-06 14:22, gaddy wrote:
Unless they're in the core group of main characters when a character professes their love for another character it's only a matter of time before the loved character dies, so I'd say that Charlotte's days are numbered...


I think you called it. Smile
Loved seeing the smoke monster again.

- Donald


It's a good show, and quite mysterious, but in it's way it's quite formulaic and predictable...

RE: Smoke Monster. Most important part of last night's show.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2264 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
RE: Smoke Monster. Most important part of last night's show.


How so?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 17:44, Ken Northridge wrote:
Quote:
RE: Smoke Monster. Most important part of last night's show.


How so?"


The fact that the french crew discovered so quickly, to their peril, that the smoke monster was a "security system" for the "temple" that was covered in those weird hieroglyphics and that somehow they had, in fact, been "changed" or made sick by it. This jibes with what Juliet said about the smoke monster as well, which amounts to independent confirmation of a possible theory. (this also implies that Rousseau was not total delusional re: the murder of her crewmates -she had a legitimate reason to shoot them)

The ancient nature of the temple hieroglyphics connect it to the more modern Dharma Initiative use of these symbols in the Swan Station computer in a new and more deeply mysterious way.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Good episode. So Daniels Farradays mum, the oracle??? I wonder if desmond will recognise her.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 19:42, Pauldela wrote:
Good episode. So Daniels Farradays mum, the oracle??? I wonder if desmond will recognise her.


Saw that one coming a while ago, and you could tell by the look on his face that Desmond did recognize her.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If Charlotte knew about the well, did that mean she was at the location of The Orchid before it was built? I think so.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 22:04, Donald Dunphy wrote:
If Charlotte knew about the well, did that mean she was at the location of The Orchid before it was built? I think so.

- Donald


Dammn good point. Of course it could have been "The Island" talking through her, much like the time Charley had the conversation with Eko when he was unconscious and had just been rescued from the bear's lair...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7406 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
On this LOST wikipedia page, it also implies that Charlotte was there before the Orchid was built. Here's the section on "Orchid Well", on that page:

Quote:
During an unknown period of the Island's history, but prior to the construction of the Orchid, a stone well with a rope leading into it exists near to what will one day become the Orchid entrance. After Locke says goodbye to the time-jumping Survivors, Sawyer helps him down the well. Below the well is a cavern that leads to the giant wheel. This is a separate route to the wheel than the way Ben approached it. After another time flash (which seemed to emanate from the bottom of the well), this well vanished, sealing Locke inside the wheel chamber. From at least 1988 onward, the well did not exist. Charlotte, alluding to a time in her childhood when she was associated with the DHARMA Initiative, knew of the existence of the well.


Also, there is reason to suspect that Charlotte met Daniel on the island when she was a young girl (but likely when he was his "adult" current age... so maybe he time shifted there).

Here's a quote from that page:

Quote:
Unable to move herself, she urges Dan to leave her and accompany the rest of the group to the Orchid. After the others leave, Charlotte confesses to Dan that she grew up on the Island and had left it with her mother. Despite her mothers assertion that she had merely invented the Island, Charlotte believed otherwise and had been searching for it ever since. She also confides to Dan that as a child a "crazy" man had told her that she must leave the Island and never return or she would die. She admits that she now recognizes that man as Dan. After telling him this, she dies.


- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 23:08, Donald Dunphy wrote:
On this LOST wikipedia page, it also implies that Charlotte was there before the Orchid was built. Here's the section on "Orchid Well", on that page:

Quote:
During an unknown period of the Island's history, but prior to the construction of the Orchid, a stone well with a rope leading into it exists near to what will one day become the Orchid entrance. After Locke says goodbye to the time-jumping Survivors, Sawyer helps him down the well. Below the well is a cavern that leads to the giant wheel. This is a separate route to the wheel than the way Ben approached it. After another time flash (which seemed to emanate from the bottom of the well), this well vanished, sealing Locke inside the wheel chamber. From at least 1988 onward, the well did not exist. Charlotte, alluding to a time in her childhood when she was associated with the DHARMA Initiative, knew of the existence of the well.


Also, there is reason to suspect that Charlotte met Daniel on the island when she was a young girl (but likely when he was his "adult" current age... so maybe he time shifted there).

Here's a quote from that page:

Quote:
Unable to move herself, she urges Dan to leave her and accompany the rest of the group to the Orchid. After the others leave, Charlotte confesses to Dan that she grew up on the Island and had left it with her mother. Despite her mothers assertion that she had merely invented the Island, Charlotte believed otherwise and had been searching for it ever since. She also confides to Dan that as a child a "crazy" man had told her that she must leave the Island and never return or she would die. She admits that she now recognizes that man as Dan. After telling him this, she dies.


- Donald


But the majority of the Dharma structures had already been built even by the time the few people we know of who were on the on the island as children were already there (Ben, in the episode "The Man Behind the Curtain", and now Charlotte). The scene where Daniel bumped into Dr. Chiang during the building of the Orchid station is one of the only scenes of the pre-Dharma structures time.

We don't know for sure if young Charlotte is there at that time in the past or not, and I am not sure if there is any scenes in the present in which Ben and Charlotte are together or not, or if they would recognize each other even if they were! (although I suspect that Ben would be able to -just because he's Ben...)

I think it highly unlikely that Charlotte was on the island before the Orchid was built. Maybe they'll reveal more about this in flashbacks on a future episode, but my guess it that this mystery will remain unsolved...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost (again) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL