The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost (again) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2263 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
So, anyone khow who the baby will turn out to be? We know is a boy.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
That's a good question. And I'm not sure about the answer.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
FINALLY THE STATUE!!!!! I jumped out of my seat at that, then it went away.... when will we get more info?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2009-03-05 07:44, Ken Northridge wrote:
So, anyone khow who the baby will turn out to be? We know is a boy.

Wow! It was Ethan.

- Donald
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2263 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Yeh, I picked up on that. How about young Ben? Once again, I thought this was the season that would start answering questions. After last night, I have more questions than ever. Now I know why they call it Lost!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Here's one to ponder, now that time travel has entered the equation.

I wonder if Christian could be an older version of Jack? Wouldn't that be a hoot.

I don't recall whether or not Christian has ever said anything that would rule this out.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 08:40, balducci wrote:
I wonder if Christian could be an older version of Jack? Wouldn't that be a hoot.

Christian is Jack's father. LOL, so no.

Evidence that Christian is real- Jack's ex-wife received a phone call from him after Jack punched the **** out of him at his AA meeting.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 10:44, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 08:40, balducci wrote:

Christian is Jack's father. LOL, so no.

That's exactly what I was getting at. Jack fathers himself 30 years back in time. I don't recall what was in the phone call you mentioned, that would rule that out as a possibility. The fact that Jack has issues with his father would not rule this out, if Jack was unaware that he was his own father.

I know this would be an incredible turnaround. It would be like in The Sixth Sense, in which a stunning revelation forces you to reexamine everything that has happened up until then.

But you may well be correct, this might clearly contradict something we already know (and something I've forgotten).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I think that Christian (Shepherd) and John (Locke) came back to life because of the island.* However, I think there is also something metaphysical (hope I am using the right word) about Christian in that he can appear in places that normally people wouldn't be. Like in the underground cavern with John, or in the cabin with Jacob. Maybe he can vanish and reappear at will, or pass through objects. Although he can handle physical things, and people can touch him. They don't necessarily see him as a ghost.

It reminds me of a resurrected Jesus.

- Donald

P.S. * If Christian and Locke have come back to life, does that mean others can do the same? I wonder about Charlie, etc.
rudy-ray
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of rudy-ray
I'm wondering why Sun is not back in 1978, is she already there?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
So, Sayid is given lsd and shots ben as a boy? Where is this all going?

Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7407 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I wonder if Ben (even as a boy) will recover from his gunshot, much like Locke recovered after Ben shot him on an older episode. Because of the healing power of the island.

- Donald
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
My guess is that we've just seen the beginning of the events that cause (or are) "The Incident". Clearly this never happened in the past and seems to break the show's fundamental concept behind time travel -that you cannot change the past, what happened, happened.

I suspect there would be some serious consequences for doing so...

Also, this would explain why the Swan station's (currently being built in the past... Ah! the language of time travel!) purpose is altered to suit the needs imposed upon the island by "the incident".

Wild stuff!

PS- Where's Faraday?
PPS- I miss the Locke/Ben storyline...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-03-29 03:48, gaddy wrote:
My guess is that we've just seen the beginning of the events that cause (or are) "The Incident". Clearly this never happened in the past and seems to break the show's fundamental concept behind time travel -that you cannot change the past, what happened, happened.

I'm not so sure that this is tied to 'The Incident' but who knows.

But, in any case, what clearly never happened in the past? How do you know this?

I believe you are talking about young Ben getting shot, but why could this not have happened in the past?
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I think he means-how could ben get shot, yet live in the future (at least compared to when he was shot...). Or maybe I still don't understand the "lost" version on time travel..

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I think it is still possible that young Ben is not dead, though he may be in critical condition. Unless I missed something, I this we saw him fall but his death was not confirmed.

Even if young Ben does die from the gunshots, we have no reason to think that he could not come back to life like Locke and others have done.

But I like the idea that Sayid did kill young Ben. This would tie in rather nicely with another part of the episode, in which adult Ben says (paraphrased) that Sayid is a killer through and through. Ben would certainly have reason to know / believe this, if Sayid did in fact kill him years ago.

I don't remember the first meeting (from our point of view) of Ben and Sayid and whether or not Ben seemed to recognise Sayid or not at the time. Of course, I believe Ben knew Sayid was on the original flight from the manifest so he would have been prepared to see Sayid again and could easily have masked any surprise.

[img]http://forum.lostpedia.com/picture.php?albumid=896&pictureid=9043[/img]
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
They've given a whole show to Ben's past in the DHARMA initiative. I think it would have been mentioned... Knowing Ben's character as we do, I think it's pretty safe to assume that if Ben was made aware of the fact that his past attacker was back on the island in the initial 815 crash he would have reacted differently to Sayid.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've got a pretty good track record on LOST predictions Smile

Also I've seen the listing of the titles of this seasons remaining shows and they seem to point in this direction...
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2009-03-29 16:32, gaddy wrote:

Knowing Ben's character as we do, I think it's pretty safe to assume that if Ben was made aware of the fact that his past attacker was back on the island in the initial 815 crash he would have reacted differently to Sayid.

I don't think that is a safe assumption at all. We know Ben has a fabulous poker face, and we still do not know what Ben's intentions were and are. Besides, what reason is there for him to react differently? Why would he react differently? So far as we know, Ben has always acted in Ben's best interests (or in the best interests of the Island). Actually, it seems Ben has played / taken advantage of Sayid by making use of his inner nature as a killer (which Ben knows firsthand, based on his childhood experience with him).

Anyway I notice that these same questions, as to whether or not Sayid did kill Ben and whether or not 'our' Ben knew Sayid from his childhood, are being debated as we speak at various Lost sites. I guess time will tell us what's what.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Ben has lovely "tells" inherent to his poker face, you have to admit... BTW -which I love, as usually they are perfectly timed and positioned to make you just cringe!
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
So we were all wrong in different respects, but I was right that Ben wasn't shot dead and apparently these events did happen in the past and are completely consistent with Ben's later life as we know it. He just doesn't remember being shot by Sayid, according to what Richard said.

I think it's a little surprising none of us considered that Ben might simply forget, or be induced to forget, what happened.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Lost (again) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL