We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cellulator by Wolf (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2227 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I am about to get this soon. Is this effective for family shows? Does it appeal to the kids? How do most of you reveal the cellphone after the vanish?

Seems like this is the very few products available "in stock" in the wolfs magic website.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I reproduce the phone using the Wolf's Magic "Phone-Ally". Natural thing to do for it. Here in the U.S., kids start carrying a cellphone almost at BIRTH (or so it seems), so you're just as likely to get a child with a cellphone as you would be here in the summer to find one with the right shoes to do the Wiz Kote. Cellulator is much better, with the comedy of the alarm, the antenna breaking off and the general "magician in trouble" situation. Love it!

Steve
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
The Cellulator is a great prop and I think it is great for family shows. I would never feel comfortable enough to do it for a very-young-kids-only audience. Like Steve said, many kids do have their own cellphone, but I think it depends on the venue and age. I personally like to pick an older kid, or an adult for the volunteer in my Cellulator routine. I made up my own props to vanish the burned phone and reproduce the restored cellphone, and I love the routine.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Is therer more than one brnt up cellphone? what about pda and flip phones that look different?
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, one could go to the lengths of having one of every possible phone, but after the unit is set up, the burnt phone is already stashed inside the Cellulator, so you couldn't easily (assistant could backstage, though) switch it out for whichever one you get from an audience member. I've never worried about it. How many people know what their phone would look like after it's burnt, anyway? It's the old case of running with nobody chasing you and magicians worrying too much when the audience isn't.

Steve
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1422 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I am working on a routine for small kids based on the Cinderella story and my daughter's old ballet shoes (burned one; have a good one left - this from when she was about 5 years old). The shoes fit in the Cellulator and can be used when the evil stepsister tries on the shoe (here ballet shoe). She puts it in the Cellulator to make it her size, and the trouble begins . . .

I haven't worked out all the details, but will let you know how it works.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
"Is therer more than one brnt up cellphone? what about pda and flip phones that look different? "

The CELLULATOR comes with a generic melted phone, custom made, which looks like a near flattened blob of dripping black goo. This can easily pass for almost ANY modern cell phone as this is exactly what it would look like when melted into almost a puddle of goo.
We added this new version after the second run.
They can be purchased seperately if needed for $10 plus shipping.
Hope this helps
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-04-22 12:01, Chance Wolf wrote:
"Is therer more than one brnt up cellphone? what about pda and flip phones that look different? "

The CELLULATOR comes with a generic melted phone, custom made, which looks like a near flattened blob of dripping black goo. This can easily pass for almost ANY modern cell phone as this is exactly what it would look like when melted into almost a puddle of goo.
We added this new version after the second run.
They can be purchased seperately if needed for $10 plus shipping.
Hope this helps
Chance

The black goo kind of just falls off.. Doesn't stick to the phone so well you pretend its hot is just plops off.. At times it just plops off in the cellulator which worries me with the "pot" so clowe to it...
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Check out the Incellerator by Eric Dasher. It's available through Hocus-Pocus and does MUCH more than the Celluator. It's a much better product in terms of an entire routine with a MUCH better ending!
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I would if it weren't suck a blatant ripoff of the Cellulator I probably would've looked into buying one of these items. If you'd seen the original online ad for the Incellerator, you'd know it was almost intended to be a knockoff.

I've had the Cellulator for years and still love it. Sometimes don't even use the Phone-Ally as the reproduction. Still use my Wiz Kote when the venue is appropriate, too.

Steve
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
That's fine. I hold my opinion that the Incellerator is a more complete routine and you get a much better showpiece for your hard earned money.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It is more complete. If it came with a free car, I still wouldn't buy it since it's an obvious ripoff. As my friend George Robinson always says, "Don't support ripoffs".

Steve
night
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of night
Cellulator for sale!

I have a Cellulator from Wolfs Magic for sale. Comes with case and extra power. Used one time. Please e-mail me direct Michael@michaelnight.com Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cellulator by Wolf (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL