The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cleaning Pavel's Walking Knot (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
179 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Can anyone advise on the best method to clean Pavel's rope for the Walking Knot effect? The piece that moves is understandably getting dirtier at a different rate to the rest of the rope and now it is becoming too visible for my liking!
Any help much appreciated
Nick
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-01-30 13:45, einhorn wrote:
Can anyone advise on the best method to clean Pavel's rope for the Walking Knot effect? The piece that moves is understandably getting dirtier at a different rate to the rest of the rope and now it is becoming too visible for my liking!
Any help much appreciated
Nick

Strikes me that dying both slider and long rope would give you the matching coloration you want. I do not know whether the ropes would take the hot wash or not.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Cold water wash in Woolite?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
229 Posts

Profile of james prince
The sets made up by the late Wally Boyce for Jumping Knot of Pakistan, were machine washable.

The colours were fixed in the wool used to make them and so no colour loss occurs no matter how much you wash them
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1003 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Do the gimmicks rust into the ropes and should the rope be air dried or put into a cloth dryer?

John
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of knmagic
I washed with Woolite and air dry and it looks as good as new.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Cleaning Pavel's Walking Knot (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL