The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » One of the Best Card Tricks I've seen in a Long, Long, Long Time. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Very cool. Good find.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1802 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Tamariz triple coincidence ruined with juggling... Horrible... Watch Tamariz original instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjBUDdB3dY

J-M
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Very nice. Thanks for sharing the link.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 07:43, korttihai_82 wrote:
Tamariz triple coincidence ruined with juggling... Horrible... Watch Tamariz original instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjBUDdB3dY

J-M



Thanks I'm NOT agreeing with per se as I thought it was good, but though it mentioned Juan Tamariz, I didn't know the name of the effect, or where to find the original, so thanks for the link, I'll watch it now, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes better, but the other was still good. The originals for the most part are always better so my friend is Jesus, ROCK THE **** ON ... Oooowww !!! Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
manks123
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of manks123
Sweet both videos are awesome

Stefan
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Isn't Triple Coincidence a John Scarne effect? I'm certain that I saw it in Stars of Magic or something.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 07:43, korttihai_82 wrote:
Tamariz triple coincidence ruined with juggling... Horrible... Watch Tamariz original instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFjBUDdB3dY

J-M


That was what I thought as soon as she started putting the reds away lol.

Triple Coincidence with someone jacking off all over the table for five minutes.
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
The first video was terrible,i hate it.

On the other hand,The leaving legend made my day,Bravo! Tamariz.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
First impression of the first video was WOW young lady with nice hands, and a beautiful trick with nice music. Then I watch the second video with a wild crazy guy in a purple tophat screaming in french surrounded by hot french girls..I have to say I appreciated the first video a bit more. At least I was able to keep my attention on the cards easier.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Chris SD
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of Chris SD
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 00:56, NoVaCain wrote:
First impression of the first video was WOW young lady with nice hands, and a beautiful trick with nice music. Then I watch the second video with a wild crazy guy in a purple tophat screaming in french surrounded by hot french girls..I have to say I appreciated the first video a bit more. At least I was able to keep my attention on the cards easier.


Gee whiz, you don't think... Maybe the language barrier... No, the fact that you most likely don't Spanish couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

Still, I am the first to admit that Tamariz is not for everyone; I personally don't care that much for him, even when he performs in English.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I liked the first one better as well. I thought the "juggling" actually added to the impossibility. Maybe If I knew the inner workings I'd see it was extra fluff. But I liked it. I didn't dislike Tamariz. If I were to perform it, my presentation would probably be more like his, only quieter.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Normally I do not like card juggling either. However, I found it very nice in this routine.
Juan Tamariz can be a bit off the chart at times, he certainly is brilliant.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
The moral of the story is that in the Tamariz version, there were people there... people who stood up and clapped.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 11:39, James Alan wrote:
The moral of the story is that in the Tamariz version, there were people there... people who stood up and clapped.


More people have seen David Blaine than have even heard of Dai Vernon. The Juggly YouTube video has been viewed close to 2000 times. I would have clapped if the performer could have heard. Your moral is lost on me.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 00:59, Chris SD wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-01 00:56, NoVaCain wrote:
First impression of the first video was WOW young lady with nice hands, and a beautiful trick with nice music. Then I watch the second video with a wild crazy guy in a purple tophat screaming in french surrounded by hot french girls..I have to say I appreciated the first video a bit more. At least I was able to keep my attention on the cards easier.


Gee whiz, you don't think... Maybe the language barrier... No, the fact that you most likely don't Spanish couldn't possibly have anything to do with it.

Still, I am the first to admit that Tamariz is not for everyone; I personally don't care that much for him, even when he performs in English.


Okay I get it, don't bite my head off...
French...Spanish.... It's all Greek to me! The girls were still hot though, that and the yelling..very strong misdirection. I was not intending to offend any Tamariz sensabilities, merely stating a preference of 2 videos.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
Could someone let me know what they consider the best source to learn "Triple Coincidence"? Thanks in advance.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
817 Posts

Profile of magico
Quote:
On 2009-01-31 23:56, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Isn't Triple Coincidence a John Scarne effect? I'm certain that I saw it in Stars of Magic or something.


You are correct. John Scarne's effect is Triple Coincidence and appeared in Stars Of Magic. Juan's effect is called Total Coincidence and appears in his book Sonata.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6352 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Triple Coincidence is in Stars of Magic, but it's not the same effect. In Triple you had the spectator a red deck and you have a blue deck. Each of you randomly cut to a card in your decks three times and exchange them with each other.

Now when you spread your deck and pull out his three stranger cards and he does the same with his deck, they will find that you each exchanged the same cards... like you gave him the 3 of Hearts, 4 of Diamonds and Jack of Clubs and he gave you those three cards too. You can do this so that each of you have "randomly" given each other the aces.

I believe Juan's effect is closer to a Paul Curry idea that allows you to suddenly matched piles of cards that have been shown to not have matches.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » One of the Best Card Tricks I've seen in a Long, Long, Long Time. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL