The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Removing an ink stain... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AsL
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of AsL
I had two ink stains in one of my uniforms for about a month so I devoted nearly all my time this weekend figuring out how to remove these ink stains. It may not work for everything or everybody but it worked for me. Maybe it will work for others also...

I bought some Shout Advanced Action Gel (from wal-mart) and sprayed both ink stains with it. I let the gel sit on the ink for approximately five hours. After that I used a WHITE wash cloth and scrubbed(rubbed) the ink with a small circular motion. That seemed to break down the ink quite a bit. (it required a lot of white wash cloths and sprays-it didn't look like anything was coming off but it became apparent a few wash cloths later)

To finish it up, I bought some rubbing alcohol (that had 91% alcohol in it) and did the same circular rubbing motion. I took turns rubbing the uniform down with water and then using the rubbing alcohol in an attempt not to discolor my uniform (it worked).

Needless to say, the ink stains are out and I'm happy. All due to Shout Advanced Action Gel and some rubbing alcohol. It took quite a bit of time but it was worth it.

All the Best,
magicianguy4life

(BTW, at the very beginning I started to use a Tide To Go Pen and it seemed to break the ink down quite a bit also-the Shout worked better though and lasted ALOT longer)
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
Thanks
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
What color of uniform? WHen I was defending the world against tyranny in the Navy (okay, I was drunk all the time, but I was a mean drunk) I found getting ink out with a little dry cleaning solution worked well.
AsL
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of AsL
Dark Dreen (not actually that dark but still....close enough)

All the Best,
magicianguy4life
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Non sharpie ink...
Use hair spray. Works every time.
G
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2112 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I've got loads of sharpie stains on a few of my black pants, as soon as I can find where abouts the stains are I shall give this a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Removing an ink stain... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL