The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The best Sun & Moon routine. (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 01:30, doug brewer wrote:
The Klause routine requires a variation on that gaff.

What did you mean about this? Is the "different" kinds of Sun/moon coins also? On the COINvention DVD Roger Klaus don't say anything about some "variation" on the gaff. Maybe I have the correct gaff Smile, the Klause's routine works nice for me.

-Morten-
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
I've always heard the Klause version requires a reversed Sun/Moon. Meaning a Silver shell over a c/s coin.

Oh well, I've never even seen the routine anyway.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-02-07 17:27, taller8 wrote:
I've always heard the Klause version requires a reversed Sun/Moon. Meaning a Silver shell over a c/s coin.

Wrong, he use a copper S/M coin, not a reversed s/m with silver s**ll.

-Morten-
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'm sure there at zillions of variations, but in Goshaman's hands the Sun and Moon was a thing of beauty.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:

?? it's in Kaufman's Almanac page 150 or there abouts - uses a regular sun/moon or blasted! coin.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
There is indeed a variation required on the gaff in the Klause routine.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 00:49, rutabaga wrote:
There is indeed a variation required on the gaff in the Klause routine.

Yup- Nice routine- I've been working on it and a standard s/m gaff won't suffice for one important reason... p.m. for ???'s...

-A
magicator
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magicator
Quote:
On 2009-02-12 22:37, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:

?? it's in Kaufman's Almanac page 150 or there abouts - uses a regular sun/moon or blasted! coin.

Personally, I like to use a copper coin to represent the sun as it has more of a 'warm' feel than a silver coin. Therefore, I do Roger's routine with a 'reversed' Sun/Moon, again simply because I prefer to represent the sun with copper and moon with silver. Roger uses silver for sun and copper for moon and this is indeed the 'regular' sun/moon.
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 13:10, magicator wrote:
Personally, I like to use a copper coin to represent the sun as it has more of a 'warm' feel than a silver coin. Therefore, I do Roger's routine with a 'reversed' Sun/Moon, again simply because I prefer to represent the sun with copper and moon with silver. Roger uses silver for sun and copper for moon and this is indeed the 'regular' sun/moon.

There IS another difference between a standard JOHNSON or similar sun/moon that precludes it's use for this routine... Regardless of which coin is depicted as the sun or as the moon... Specifically relating to how the gaff is manufactured...
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I would like to throw out a nice routine by the late Barry Price called Sun,Moon & Beyond. This is in his Escamotage 1 booklet, and is very good. Kind of a melding of the Klause routine, with the Kaps routine and with Barry's own touches. The ending is very reminescent of the Theory 11/Steve Dusheck trick coin effect (can't remember the name) but just uses the sun/moon.
mballen11502
View Profile
Loyal user
Memphis, TN
202 Posts

Profile of mballen11502
So what is the variation on the gaff needed to perform Roger's routine? I have a video of him performing and teaching the routine and he never mentions anything special about the gaffus.
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
A "normal" sun/moon the EP she** is non-expanded - it's the insert that is shaved down. In the Klause routine, the EP she** needs to fit over a normal half dollar completely, so it needs to be expanded. The insert, therefore, is not shaved down and looks more like a normal sized c/s. That is the variation we are dancing around. It's basically the same gaffus, but the Klause version allows a cleaner show of only two coins because the EP she** is nested over the half dollar at one point.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 23:54, doug brewer wrote:
A "normal" sun/moon the EP she** is non-expanded - it's the insert that is shaved down. In the Klause routine, the EP she** needs to fit over a normal half dollar completely, so it needs to be expanded. The insert, therefore, is not shaved down and looks more like a normal sized c/s. That is the variation we are dancing around. It's basically the same gaffus, but the Klause version allows a cleaner show of only two coins because the EP she** is nested over the half dollar at one point.

I use a "normal" sun moon coin from Lassen and a Lassen shaved remilled silver coin in sted of a expanded sh**l and a normal silver coin. This give the same result.

-Morten-
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
I'm a fan of Milt Kort's "Protean Coin" but all this talk about Goshman's routine now I have to go find it and see for myself. I have goshmans close up book but it doesn't have his routine in it that you all are talking about.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
samslaven
View Profile
New user
I only have...
28 Posts

Profile of samslaven
SAMOYA by Rob Thompson is by far the best! He's selling it on DVD now.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I second this: Samoya is a very accomplished routine presented by Rob Thompson in a very slick performance.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Can Samoya be done with just one set of SunMoon coins? Shell/CS/Shaved Morgan

I just received the Dollar size Lassen set and it's just fantastic.

The copper coin, (shell) when mounted on the C/S can be flipped in the air due to the size of the coin, and the meticulous construction.
The thickness of the copper/silver in the dollar size has minimal size variation, so I always recommend getting the dollar size Sun Moon set if you can.

And the fact that you also receive a shaved down Morgan dollar with the set makes this one of the best values in Coin gaffs in my humble opinion.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I have the Penny looking half dollar size Todd Lassen Sun and Moon and it is also of very fine quality but I never tried tossing it up as it is not required by my Sun and Moon routine and I don't have a shaved silver half dollar to go with it.

Thanks for your report on the Dollar size set.
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I just got Apocalypse Vol.6-10 and was wondering if their are any routines in there that require a sun and moon coin?
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-05-04 19:34, MagicByUriel wrote:
I just got Apocalypse Vol.6-10 and was wondering if their are any routines in there that require a sun and moon coin?

No there are not.
Plenty of Spellbound moves, plenty of coins across with or without [ , some smart ideas for the Hoo-coin, several routines using one or more C/S coins but no Sun and Moon coin.

This means that you could recheck these to see what you could do using your S&M coin and get creative. Your S&M coin can bring some of these Spellbound ideas way further.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The best Sun & Moon routine. (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL