The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Magic in San Francisico? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
Ron
The show you may be thinking of is the Keith Show. I can't remember Keith's last name, but I worked with him for a while here in New Mexico. He works at the Pier, or at least used to. He did juggling and we enticed him to pick up a little bit of magic for his act as well. LOL.
Did he have these crazy diamond shaped glasses? If so, that's the guy. He's great and very funny.
K
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Shawn,

It was The keith Show. Yes, he's very good. he has a good bit with a the kids, where the parents think he's getting ready to put the kid in danger. It never happens--he doesn't even come close, but the tension at the beginning is really cool.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Ron
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Teatro Zinzanni is a MUST at I believe Pier 39. Look for ads in the papers or check their website. One of the great shows. Dinner, show, etc. around 90 on weekends, cheaper weekdays.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
So.. when's the best time to go to the pier to see a good street magician?

Saturday around noon?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
I was in San Fran the week of Oct. 25th.

I also saw "the Keith Show!" juggler on the street stage Pier 39, behind the Merry Go-Round.

I spoke with him and encourage him in job well done.
His website is, http://www.comedyjuggling.com

He said there was very little magic performed on Pier 39 now. Hey it is tough work, I know.
But for you young guys, it is the best way to learn this business and get experience. I will be looking for you.

Steve Hart
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
BikeMan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of BikeMan
I like the SF Magic scene. On the weekends you can see Allen Gittleson who is a great mind reader. And of course many jugglers and they have the best card manipulator in northern cali Alex Gonzalez. There is also a young magician named Alex Datul who's at Ghiradelli Square sometimes.... Hahah Another Alex... My self... I'm still trying to get up the nerve to ask a stranger if they want to see "Be Honest what is it?" And I've done the trick like a hundred times....
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Bikeman, I assume that you hang out at Misdirections?
Drive Carefully
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13383 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Hey Bikeman,
I used that effect at the baseball stadium a million times now. It goes over great.

See if The Oakland A's will let you cruise the concourse there and perform.

I perform at the Sacramento Rivercats stadium and I love it. They are the A's AAA ball team but apparently the attendence is more then the A's get.

Sort of like street-magic. Sort of like strolling magic.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Magic in San Francisico? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL