We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I assume the posts will start again (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
When that American football game thingy is over.

Where are you guys?

;)

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
American football? You mean they actually play soccer in the States?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I didn't watch any of the footballing but I did put on Springsteen and he was outstanding. His lovely bride played guitar.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I'm with Santa. Didn't watch the game, but I did tune in for Springsteen. It sounded like he hurt his voice during Born to Run, but he is getting older, and he still puts on a *** good show.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
I watched the superbowl once. Never again.
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The good news is it is about time for the pitchers and catchers to show up for Spring Training! We are getting triple A ball in Reno and Brett Butler, who was great fun to watch with the Giants (and Dodgers before than and I think Arizona after the Giants) is going to be our manager!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've never been much of a fan, but I did watch most of it. I felt obliged since I was born in Pittsburgh. This was really an incredible game.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Bruce might have hurt himself with that powerslide into the camera...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
That's probably it.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Well I guess I am the odd one here. I watched the football game and by the way it was one of the best ever Super Bowls. Took a break when Bruce was on.

Watched the pregame show. You would think Bruce would have had a lilttle more class as he said he is not much of a football fan and gave the impression that he thought it was rather boring.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
It is rather boring....
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Was this superbowl day?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2009-02-02 00:58, acesover wrote:
Well I guess I am the odd one here. I watched the football game and by the way it was one of the best ever Super Bowls. Took a break when Bruce was on.

Watched the pregame show. You would think Bruce would have had a lilttle more class as he said he is not much of a football fan and gave the impression that he thought it was rather boring.

No rather about it. It is boring. When you get right down to it. Football, Baseball, etc mean nothing to us really. It doesn't change our lives in anyway. Don't believe me? When was the last time any team from any sport payed you to sit and watch them play? Shows how trivial it really is.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It was a great game. Bruce put on a great show, and we have a lot of wet blankets here.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2009-02-02 08:39, RS1963 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-02 00:58, acesover wrote:

No rather about it. It is boring. When you get right down to it. Football, Baseball, etc mean nothing to us really. It doesn't change our lives in anyway. Don't believe me? When was the last time any team from any sport payed you to sit and watch them play? Shows how trivial it really is.

While many people have diffeent likes and dislikes that is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream I cannot find any sense in your post stating the following:

Football, Baseball, etc mean nothing to us really. It doesn't change our lives in anyway. Don't believe me? When was the last time any team from any sport payed you to sit and watch them play? Shows how trivial it really is.

What in heavens name does magic do for you...or I should say for the people who watch it performed. Sports are no different than magic..both are entertainment..loosen up..smell the roses we are not here all that long enjoy life. Go to a football or baseball game with your children and take them to see a magician..I am sure they will enjoy all of the aforementioned. However I do not think any of these things will change their lives just from watching and enjoying themselves.

One last point I would like to make..how many magicians do you know that pay people to see them perform?????
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
I much prefer to play the games rather than watching, but to me a *** good football game with two good teams is far from boring. You can usually tell how boring it's gonna be after the first quarter, and then tune out and do something else. Better than the game, it's having some people you like around to enjoy some time together. Especially if they bring over some free drinks and food.
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Acesover. The point is people think sports mean something and matter to everyone and that the world would fall apart without sports. None of the magicians I have know have ever acted this way nor have fans of other forms of entertainment that I know. I have never thought magic was important to everyone or that it is going to change anyone's life. Sure magic is important to me but I'm not going to die if all of a sudden there was no more magic at all. No props books etc.. sure would be upset but not end of the world. Ask a good majority of sports fans what they would do if there were no more sports. You will hear a much different story. Also tell a football, baseball,fan that you don't like sports at all. They look at you like you have the leprosy and must be avoided. Someone tells me they don't like magic that is fine. I know there are some magicians that do that too when told by someone they don't like magic. But most magicians are not that way.

It's fine to really enjoy things one likes but people blow sports up to be some life saving wonder and it's not pure and simple.

I'm sure several on here now feel I should be tared and feathered for saying the above. Or that I'm on par with a heritic.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
What a bunch of girly men.

If you don't think Bruce is number one then you are full of number two.

Magic is fun but not as much as football, or hard hitting rock and roll. This thread reminds me that I have very little in common with the duds that post here.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
But how many rocking football players can do magic?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I assume the posts will start again (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL