The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Great American Circus Sideshow Needs You (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Utah_Showman
View Profile
Veteran user
Heart of Utah
350 Posts

Profile of Utah_Showman
The Great America Circus Sideshow

All kinds of Acts Needed

Will Train

Living Quarter's Available

Must Help with Set Up and Tear Down

GREAT PAY

Family Ran Show

Need Magic Man, Midget and Freaks of all Kinds

Own Costume is a Must

For Information go here,
http://www.sideshowworld.com/CC-GACS-2-2008.html
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Who's the owner?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
That's Jimmy Zajicek:

http://www.sideshowworld.com/biozajicek.html

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I think it's Ricky Kales.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
It's hard to tell if you're only judging by the bannerline. Or, that could just make it easier. Just like how granny panties taste.... depends.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kevin Gerrone
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gerrone
This is not Jimmy Zajiceks show he has the Big Circus Sideshow! This is Ricky Kales's show
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
What do they call "great pay?"
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
If you notice the entrance Banner reads, "Ricky's Believe It Or Not".
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Sorry, mixed up similar names. Still, great pay, they couldn't say that if it wasn't true..
KyleTyler
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of KyleTyler
What in general would you say was just good pay for this sort of work? Do you get paid by the show or the day or what?
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
In the case of Ward Hall and Chris M. Christ's you are paid weekly.

Kyle, I PMed you.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 06:13, Freak Prodigy wrote:
In the case of Ward Hall and Chris M. Christ's you are paid weekly.

Kyle, I PMed you.

And, again, what is 'good pay?'
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2906 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Though I don't know what Ricky means with "good pay", it is probably good for this industry, but lousy in the grand scheme of things. And the life is very hard. Very hard. I am certain that there are easier ways to make the same money and you will be in your own bed every night. If you have an RV or your own trailer with a reliable car or truck to pull it, enjoy living in something like this, don't mind LONG hours, very hot weather and heavy lifting plus long drives on load in and slough days; then this job is for you. It is not for everyone. I am just worried that in this day and age it is not for ANYONE. Sad.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
The number's that I've heard are around 200-500 per week. Depending on a few variables. Skill level, how much you are needed, etc.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I worked a ten in one for three season's back in my 20's.I sleep in possum belly's of tractor trailler trucks,under stage's.Washed out of bucket of cold water and washed my cloths the same way.Todd is so right,its really hot working under canvas.We would tie up the side wall behind the stage hoping to get a breeze.

I loved every minute of it and wouldn't give anything for not having that experience.However you couldn't pay me enough money to do it again.

My advice is if you're young and what to have the best time you could ever image
than go for it.

Don
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Ditto what Don said.
I did one season with a tent show the year I turned 21.
Slept on a lawn chair in a popcorn concession tent. I ate left over popcorn for dinner most nights and would sneak into a neighborhood early morning to wash off with water from someone's automatic sprinkler or garden hoze.
I pounded stakes in asphalt, stitched canvas, ran electric lines, put up the stage and raised the big poles. Did shows 5-6 days a week with the open days used setting up, tearing down and moving to a new town.
All of that for an amazing $60 a week.
Would I do it again? Not now...Can't afford to.
Do I regret a minute of it?
Nope. One of the best times of my life.
Do it if you think you have it in you.
Gwyd
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of Kondini
That`s the biz,,,not a job cos it`s a way of life. Working as a gaffer for someone else,,hell no, but if your doing the dinner and drinking your own gravy then you get paid what the speckies consider your worth.

At the end of each season Im knackered with a very healthy bank balence, looking forward to the break. But now with 50 days or so to go my feet are getting itchy and the banks hitting the rocks. Can`t wait to get at it again.

Im no virgin kid, but doing and loveing it all.

Born in the wrong era,,,thats me.
You get one shot at this life and you gotta try everything you can in that limited time.
If you think the biz is for you, then go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained and even if taking a bath once a week and pi**ing in a porta pot isn`t for you, then at least you had a taster.

On the other side of the coin, if you are your own boss the sky is the limit to your wages, your as free as a bird, sleep late in the morning and work late at night, see the world and meet some of the most interesting folk ever.

Ken.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"if you are your own boss the sky is the limit to your wages, your as free as a bird, sleep late in the morning and work late at night, see the world and meet some of the most interesting folk ever."

Ain't it the truth!!! That's why I teach what I teach...workin' for wages when you don't have to is da poop.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Having a friend donate a nice camper trailer is always helpful.

It's not always hot...
sometimes it's cold and rainy:)
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Sounds like if your young want to travel and want discipline join the Army if you want a similar life with less discipline join a show. At least the Military feeds you, even if it is outsourced. WTF happened to the dumb guys that peeled potatoes, what are they doing now?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Great American Circus Sideshow Needs You (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL