The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Charlie Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terry Veckey
View Profile
Regular user
Medford, Or. U.S.A.
140 Posts

Profile of Terry Veckey
The Professor told me Charlie Miller's picture of hell was, a bunch of guys, in a small room, sitting on barrels practising Faro Shuffles.
He had to be great!
-The Lesser Known-
<BR>Terry Veckey
<BR>-"There is no place for laughter in magic." B.Martin-
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
LOL, that definitely sounds like something Charlie would have said.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
I might add - or change that to riffle shuffle work!
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Many say he was the best exponent of pure sleight- of hand ever.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I have many stories of the days spent with Charlie Miller. We became close friends in the late 70's and thru' the early 80's when my work kept me out of Los Angeles for extended periods of time. Charlie's skill exceeded Vernon's in my opinion and he had a wider range of knowledge about other magic without cards. In all the years I knew him, he NEVER showed me a card trick. we talked about props, gimmicks, personalities and routines without once going into card work!

Charlie loved great card magic and I was smart enough never to show him any of mine.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Charlie, taught me a new respect for magic as an art when I was a young teen, what a great man, magician, and mentor!

Magically,
Walt
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Charlie had a great sense of humor. I'd watch him look someone in the eye and appear to confide in them that he'd developed a "special coating" that he'd gotten the U.S. Playing Card Company to spray on their cards.

Charlei would explain that the cards could be shuffled in the normal manner, handled almost any way except when the cards were Faro shuffled. At that point the special coating would cause the cards to explode, killing the magician.

Charlie delivered it in a dead pan manner that always drew the listener in until the punch line. It was funny to watch the reaction of the listener.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Does anyone know if the whistling score to his Rice Bowls will ever be made available.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ken Brooke did a bit he credited Charlie Miller.
He would say something like, "Here's the way three different magicians enter a shop."

First one, a PRO... Door opens just a bit, he looks in, sees who's there and decides not to enter and leaves.

Second one, a semi pro... door opens guy comes in and says, "Is Genii here yet? My picture's on the cover."

Third, an amateur, (this is where Ken excelled)... DOOR FLIES OPEN GUY RUNS IN WITH FISTFULL OF MONEY, STUMBLES, MONEY FLIES ALL OVER AND HE SAYS... "WHAT'S NEW?"
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Charlie Miller (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL