The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More proof that Tennis is for cry babys. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Rodger Federer cried like a little baby when he lost the Australian Open to Rafel Nadal...it was a sham!

Boo, hoo I didn't win. I can't take it...cry, cry, cry.

What a wuss!

What a disgrace. The baby took the moment away from Nadal, who IS a true champion and gentleman of the sport.

I met both of them more than a few times. I performed for them, their coaches and families. All nice people. Rodger is a little strange but I thought it was because he's Swiss?

I love working at the US Open but was always turned off at the way the players acted...like babies. I've seen match stopped by players who asked the officials to throw out certain fans.

But seeing this dip wad cry his eyes out was way too much. He stopped the ceremony because he needed to compose himself...WTF! Then all the attention became about him and not the actual winner of the stupid match!

Pete Sampress, Jimmy Coners, Agassi, Johnny Mac., just to name a few, were REAL men! And REAL CHAMPIONS!

Rodger Federer is a class A Puss! What a schmuck!

Tennis anyone?!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I can make a spoon cry.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
This is what it sounds like...when doves cry...
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
Pete Sampress and Jimmy Coners are not real men...
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 09:33, Justin Style wrote:
Rodger Federer cried like a little baby when he lost the Australian Open to Rafel Nadal...it was a sham!

Boo, hoo I didn't win. I can't take it...cry, cry, cry.

What a wuss!

What a disgrace. The baby took the moment away from Nadal, who IS a true champion and gentleman of the sport.

I met both of them more than a few times. I performed for them, their coaches and families. All nice people. Rodger is a little strange but I thought it was because he's Swiss?

I love working at the US Open but was always turned off at the way the players acted...like babies. I've seen match stopped by players who asked the officials to throw out certain fans.

But seeing this dip wad cry his eyes out was way too much. He stopped the ceremony because he needed to compose himself...WTF! Then all the attention became about him and not the actual winner of the stupid match!

Pete Sampress, Jimmy Coners, Agassi, Johnny Mac., just to name a few, were REAL men! And REAL CHAMPIONS!

Rodger Federer is a class A Puss! What a schmuck!

Tennis anyone?!

I think the case for tennis players (and golfers) being crybabies is that they can't perform if one person coughs in the audience; baseball players can hit a curveball or a 100 mph fastball with tens of thousands of people screaming at them. Football players can catch a pass knowing that as soon as their fingertips brush the ball, they can be levelled by 250-pound linebackers working in tandem.

But in the case of Federer, I have some sympathy...that wasn't disappointment at losing one match; that was the realization that his days at the top are over. Yes, he's still going to be one of the very best (#2, in fact), and he's still going to win tournaments, and he's almost certainly still going to win grand slams...but he's on the downslope. He was the very best in the world at what he did, and everyone knew it, and now he's not, and everyone knows that, too. The 2009 Roger Federer is as good or better than just about everyone who's ever played the game, but he's not as good as the 2009 Rafael Nadal (and not just on clay), and he'll never be "The Man" again. Being #2 in the world at ANYTHING is remarkable...unless you've been #1. He's lost something that almost none of us will ever have. It didn't happen in the last week, but I think it sank in and he really realized it last week, and that's brutal.

Even if tennis players are weenies.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Lobo, that was beautiful, and I mean that.

Even the weenies part.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Yeah Lobo...you're a real wordsmith!

But Federer is a Cry baby...Cry baby...Cry baby...Cry baby...

Stealing another guy's thunder makes him not only a C.B., but was also one of the most unsportsman like things he could have done.

PFffff.

There's no crying in Baseball!!

T. Hanks
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 13:29, Justin Style wrote:

T. Hanks

One of the greatest quotes in the history of baseball.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
If it was tennis, I would have had to whisper that...lol
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:

T. Hanks

Goose Gossen cries.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Good thing he's retired.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 13:50, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

T. Hanks

Goose Gossen cries.

That's Goose GOSSAGE to you, buddy!

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
LOL shows how much I know about baseball. I sit corrected (blush).

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2009-02-03 13:53, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
LOL shows how much I know about baseball. I sit corrected (blush).

John

More thank you think! There is (was) a Greg "Goose" Goossen; that just wasn't him. This is:

http://www.joesvintagesportscards.com/Me......ry_Code=

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Baseball is second behind tennis players for being cry babies.

However, they usually save it for retirement speaches...for the most part.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Remember when Mike Schmidt retired? He really fell apart.

Or how about Terrell Owens. "That's my quarterback". boo hoo. Usually if a guy breaks down I don't rip on them for it, but T.O. made me laugh outloud.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Did Cal cry when he retired? Or when put in the hall of fame?

If he did, then crying is what you're supposed to do. If not...well...you're not.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And the answer is here:

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/06/22/15-......t-cried/

So...you're supposed to cry when you do great things in baseball. Cal did.

[EDIT] Actually, I just read the article. (Before I had just looked at the picture.) According to the article, he didn't cry but just got "misty eyed".
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Robin Yount didn't cry.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The only time I enjoyed watching tennis was in South America. John McEnroe (sp?) would freak out and since it was a Spanish speaking country I was in they didn't bother deleting what he said, let me tell you guys, you missed some serious ranting and screaming from that guy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » More proof that Tennis is for cry babys. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL