The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Can some of you recommend your favorite peek wallet(s)? I am looking for one ideally that looks and functions like a regular wallet.

Thanks,

Keir
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
There are many wallets out there, most people on the Café would reccomend the Stealth Assassin wallet, The Magnum Wallet or the Hideout Wallet.

I use the Stealth Assassin wallet due to its many funtions

Any one of those three will be perfect for what you want

Peace & Love

Matt
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Hideout for a full size wallet; Magnum for a card holder wallet.
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Spindoc speaks the truth, that all you need
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18686 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm gonna nag just a little...

if you type "peek wallet" into the search field, you'll get lots of information...
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Yeah I already did that but discussions go into so many different types that it is difficult to tell which one is the best as I described specifically above.

Best regards

Keir
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1512 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
So true... Smile
Ben BV
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
There is no "best" peek wallet. I mentioned in a different topic that its the performer that creates the perfect wallet not the wallet that creates the perfect performer. I would ask yourself what you want out of the wallet. if it is just a peek then go for the magnum. if you want a wallet that does everything then get the stealth assassin.

peace and love

matt
langston3711
View Profile
Regular user
Cumming, GA
188 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I just got the Stealth Assassin and I love it!!!
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
How about a "window envelope"? You can carry it in your wallet you already own. You can use the small coin envelopes and use a biz card. If you use another method...you can seal the envelope and put it in your pocket. Take it back out and tear it open, remove the biz card and give everything away. Just another idea...I love to save money. I also like to spend it. Smile

Aaron
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Franky
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Franky
<<<How about a "window envelope"?

Luca Volpe THE PEEK ENVELOPE from his e-book "HORUS "Copyright 2009

Franky
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
... or my own 'Miser's Peek Wallet' from Hybrid Mentalism. Smile
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1480 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I'm an avid supporter of the Outlaw Magnum. In my humble opinion it is the ultimate peek wallet. I've owned both the Magnum and SAW, and if you ARE using it purely for peek purposes the the Magnum is the way to go. It is incredible. If you want a kick *** wallet that can do the peek and so much more, get the Hideout. It is DEFINITELY worth it. It's an awesome peek wallet that also functions as an i**ex wallet. Plus it looks like something a normal person would carry, very subtle.

You can see more on it here:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......out.html

Luke
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 09:05, shield wrote:
I'm an avid supporter of the Outlaw Magnum. In my humble opinion it is the ultimate peek wallet. I've owned both the Magnum and SAW, and if you ARE using it purely for peek purposes the the Magnum is the way to go. It is incredible. If you want a kick *** wallet that can do the peek and so much more, get the Hideout. It is DEFINITELY worth it. It's an awesome peek wallet that also functions as an i**ex wallet. Plus it looks like something a normal person would carry, very subtle.

You can see more on it here:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......out.html

Luke


Roth's wallets are very high quality and have their uses!!

But, I want to voice my opinion on why the S.U.C. peek is better if you JUST want to peek the card and do nothing else.

The Outlaw peek puts something between you and the card and makes the writing harder to see in low light situations. If you just want to peek the card, the S.U.C. peek is perfect because you get the peek instantly and very clearly, and then put the wallet away.

Of course if you want to leave it in view..just make sure you place the wallet down the right way.

Best,

Doug L.

edit- if you are surrounded a wallet peek is not the way to go.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 02:59, Doug Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-04 09:05, shield wrote:
I'm an avid supporter of the Outlaw Magnum. In my humble opinion it is the ultimate peek wallet. I've owned both the Magnum and SAW, and if you ARE using it purely for peek purposes the the Magnum is the way to go. It is incredible. If you want a kick *** wallet that can do the peek and so much more, get the Hideout. It is DEFINITELY worth it. It's an awesome peek wallet that also functions as an i**ex wallet. Plus it looks like something a normal person would carry, very subtle.

You can see more on it here:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......out.html

Luke


Roth's wallets are very high quality and have their uses!!

But, I want to voice my opinion on why the S.U.C. peek is better if you JUST want to peek the card and do nothing else.

The Outlaw peek puts something between you and the card and makes the writing harder to see in low light situations. If you just want to peek the card, the S.U.C. peek is perfect because you get the peek instantly and very clearly, and then put the wallet away.

Of course if you want to leave it in view..just make sure you place the wallet down the right way.

Best,

Doug L.

edit- if you are surrounded a wallet peek is not the way to go.

Of course the difference is, you can place the Magnum face down or face up and show both sides after it's loaded. You don't have to hide anything Smile

BTW, the 3m filter can always be removed and you can use the clear window for low light situations.

I also found the S.A.W. gaff to wide to securely hold a business card in it's version of the SUC gaff.

Doug I respect your opinion, and will fight to the death for your right to express it Smile

RR
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 03:15, Roth wrote:

BTW, the 3m filter can always be removed and you can use the clear window for low light situations.

I also found the S.A.W. gaff to wide to securely hold a business card in it's version of the SUC gaff.


You're right! Take out the filter and you're golden. I don't make a big deal of the wallet so placing it on the table with the window up is just showing off! lol..



In regards to the Stealth Assassin S.U.C. gaff not holding a business card securely.

Here's a tip-

Just lightly squeeze the wallet with your thumb and index finger while gesturing to hold the card secure.

Best,

Doug L.

p.s. Hopefully the Hideout gets here soon. You keep telling me it will retire my S.A.W. LOL Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Why you guys are confusing to choose peek wallets? I am using acidus novus for almost seven years for both close up, parlour and stage. I think this is really great and better than the peek wallet itself. just put the index card to normal envelope using acidus novus then you will get the peek easily. thanks
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
183 Posts

Profile of viler
Guess I will buy a peek wallet at Blackpool Convention this year.
I once saw a video of how the 3M filter works.
If I haven't misunderstood the 3m filter allows to peek from one side
and not the other?
I don't remember which peek wallet the clip was a advertise for.
Have someone seen or got a link to the video?

V.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The wallet you are thinking of is the Telethought Wallet.

If you do a search, you will find the link to the video as well as comparisons with other products, and a lot of discussion on the wallet itself.

Tony
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
825 Posts

Profile of nique
Do keep track of where you place your 3m filters when you remove them. My Panther and Magnum are now without the filters - misplaced them after a few nights of PW. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL