The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
viler
View Profile
Regular user
Norway
186 Posts

Profile of viler
Tony, thank you for the info.

V.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-15 11:44, nique wrote:
Do keep track of where you place your 3m filters when you remove them. My Panther and Magnum are now without the filters - misplaced them after a few nights of PW. Smile

Ouch! A new filter (for a monitor) from 3M is like $50+.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Not the same stuff, not even close.

Well, at least the one on my Panther isn't.

Tony
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Of the wallets that use 3M, the Magnum (and Panther) have the superior version, in that the angle of viewing is smaller, meaning you can almost be surrounded, and you'll be the only one who will get the p**k.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Acidus Novus is my favorite peek but as to why we are discussing favorite peek wallets, Joe, that is what the first poster asked to know more about. And apparently a lot of us favor various wallets from the Outlaw line!

By the way, as Tony and Gabe allude to, be careful with what filter you use! You will get what you pay for.

There are apparently filters for smaller screens than the one Doug mentions and that cost proportionately less. But they are NOT the one you get with the Magnum or Panther. So if you want to be "the only one who will get the p**k" (nice way to put that Gabe!), stick with the original.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I've had both the Panther and now use the SAW I liked how the Panther is meant to be a business card wallet the 3M technology is pretty cool too, But I mainly use it for a crib. I also appriciate that you can load billits into a zipper compartment as well as p.w. But for peaks I would just get the peek and put the wallet away. Out of sight out of mind.

I now use the SAW for my everyday wallet and it gets more use than the Panther. I would rather use the SUC for a peek now because I keep my business cards in it now and I think the SUC is a quicker load of the card I've even peeked and put into spectators hands through the whole thing. I enjoy using the SUC feature on my SAW to Swammi and load billits. I like p.w. and loading the billits anyways and I don't mind so much that it isn't to a zipper compartment. I also really like the stealth peek on my SAW I didn't think I would at first but you learn to develop some really cool routines utillizing it instead. One of my favorite things about using the SAW is the billit index I have a really good Derren Brown routine in it and it gets a lot of use.

So They are both really good wallets I would recomend either. I'm still pretty interested in the Hideout wallet I bet it's good but I don't think I need another. The reason I got the Panther first is because it's much cheaper. I really love using it for a crib now but that's about it. I use two routines all the time with cribs. My other crib is in the Stealth feature of my SAW and I can still use the peek no problem. If I dropped one of these 2 routines I probably wouldn't even carry around my Panther wallet, But I would still recomend it as a good business card holder.

Langston
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Magnum.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Yes I agree, Magnum is the best for peek wallet
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I will be killed for this.. but...do you know that I love the Thought transmitter by John Cornelius. Never used anything else Smile
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Magnum for me and the customer support that comes with it is great too!
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
I used the thought transmitter for years too and liked it a lot but it has since become obsolete for what I need although still a great wallet
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
jbolt
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of jbolt
Magnum Wallet!@
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Telethought wallet
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Well I have always used my SAW wallet however I have just placed an order for the Hideout Wallet at my local magic dealer.

Will be picking it up next week so I hope it lives up to its name!!

Peace & Love

Matt
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Guys,

I own the Thought Transmitter and like that you can simply use a sticky note to write on and have the spectator close the wallet himself without the need for you to take the card that is written on an place it in a particular compartment of the wallet yourself.

Is that possible with any of the other versions mentioned above?

Regards

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
tristanarcinue
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of tristanarcinue
I've been using the SAW for more than a year now and I find both of it's peek (I prefer the assassin method) very clean and subtle, unlike what others might be claiming.

From what I heard the outlaw wallets are better for the peeking purposes but why bother buying a new wallet if my old one already does its job for me, perhaps Ill check out the outlaw wallets once my SAW is to old for use.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Call me old-fashioned, but I still prefer the Dr. Jaks case over anything current (although I like the original — thinner — SUC as well). It's low-tech, very flexible in application, and works great. It also has the advantage that you can make one yourself pretty easily; I use EvilDan's well-crafted version, but if I ever lost it, or found myself without it in a strange city, I like knowing that do-it-yourself is a viable alternative.

In the "old" days, when you could commonly find these wallets in magic stores, they used to come with a second, ungimmicked model to "hand out for inspection" (if ever one needed a definitional test for magician vs. mentalist, this would have to be a top contender). Mentalists simple gaffed the second one as well, and had two for the price of one. Not that you really need it; if the leather is of decent quality, a Jaks case should last for decades.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 14:43, Stefan O. wrote:
Guys,

I own the Thought Transmitter and like that you can simply use a sticky note to write on and have the spectator close the wallet himself without the need for you to take the card that is written on an place it in a particular compartment of the wallet yourself.

Is that possible with any of the other versions mentioned above?

Regards

Stefan

The Thought Transmitter is more of a toy. To be a mentalist try advancing to The Panther. I know about this because I went through that path myself.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I have tried them all.
Once I got my Hideout, the others were retired.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The Magnum as my card case. The Hideout as my hip wallet. No brainer anymore.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL