The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
582 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 21:36, Bill Cushman wrote:
The Magnum as my card case. The Hideout as my hip wallet. No brainer anymore.
Same here.

Mark
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1248 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
For me nothing beats SUC!

Load, Steal, PW, SW, Peek, Feel (take a banknote...), Switch AND MORE... If you want a professional walled… SUC! (I carry an full act that can entertain for over an hour using only SUC and what´s inside)

and best of all it´s very flat and very easy to use.

I probably own or have owned about every wallet out there and there is nothing that beats SUC, I do like the SAW but I find it too big to carry. Sometimes I use a wallet of Becker and Earle for one special routine with a credit card, this peek is so undetectable, and the shopping routine provided is so great, I really love it!

I´m always fumbling with my magnum, the window that keeps popping out and I´m not a fan of the filter used, I need so much light to see the peek and the I think the window looks suspicious… Nothing against outlaw effects, I bought some great stuff there but the magnum is not my kind of walled.(It´s the magic café walled, lol)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What I carry with me is:

A Mesika wallet as my day-to-day wallet.

A Panther 3M as my business card wallet.

Although, if Frank Starsini gets the manufacturing rights for the SUC, his will probably be my business card wallet. Otherwise I may just make up one of my own design as I did with my notepad/Day Planner.

Tony
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I have the stealth Assin and love it, like others have said there is so many functions you can do with it.

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Dr. Eamon, I suggest a post it glue stick for your Magnum window. I say Post-It because if I know I'm in a situation with risky lighting I'll remove the filter, and just like with an SUC, that side will never be seen. Same if I'm going to NW or PW.

In the latter case, the Magnum, Panther (and you can do the same with the Panther 3M as mentioned above) and original Outlaw Wallets all hold the card for NW or PW much better than the SUC does in my experience. This is huge plus.

By the way, you can pick up the monogrammed insert if you think the window is suspicious. I don't find that the case, but I still like having it because it looks classier.

I have nothing against the SUC and it was one of my business card wallets of choice before Outlaw came out with theirs. Though I always did wrestle with my love for the Limited Edition Zingg when it was released and still miss it some ways. Just like the Magnum, I bought a back up when it was no longer going to be made.

Then of course there is the PJ. It solved a problem with the SUC that no one has mentioned. I'm pretty sure anyone with both will know what I'm talking about without my getting into it (really bad pun). BUT, it still didn't hold things in place like the first Outlaw wallet and those to follow. It was a beautiful wallet from PJ and Ray. I haven't seen the reborn version but know enough about it that it doesn't "come to grips" like I prefer when it comes to NW or PW.

The Hideout wouldn't exist if I didn't harp on Rick that the community needed a top notch i**** wallet that looked like a normal hip pocket wallet. The method though, and it is superb, is all Rick. I had a SAW by the way when I made this request.

As I've mentioned on other threads, I tried to talk Rick out of the Hideout p*** and it was a good thing he didn't listen to me. First it is a great method (and can be done with the wallet closed, though I don't see that as an issue). Second, it adds much more space to the wallet. I've had people ask me where I got the wallet when I've pulled it out to pay for something based on that factor. The working billfold is wonderful too.

I carry a lot in my Hideout and it is no larger than the real hip pocket I was carrying at the time it came out. I actually dumped my SAW and returned to a store bought hip pocket BEFORE the HOW was released because I wasn't satisfied with it. I only used the SAW for KK and a real wallet works just as well, as per the original instructions. I didn't find any advantage to the other features since I've always carried a business card case and as mentioned above the Outlaw series of wallets does everything better IMO. And I wanted a hip pocket that looked like a hip pocket, had a billfold and I needed more room just for day to day stuff.

But what about the OTL you might ask? This was a major disappointment for me with the SAW since it was one of the major reasons I bought it. I find it tacky at best and would never use it.

The closest thing to a good OTL wallet I've used is The Stockholder. But I don't want to carry another wallet. This fact contributed to my brainstorming the latest methods for my Subliminal Square, the main reason I was looking for an OTL wallet.

I have not seen EvilDan's OTLs except in photos but they don't look like something I'd use. Something too boxy about the method from how it appears in the pics I've seen. But I could be wrong and would appreciate any feedback from someone who has one. Tony? Ultimately, I still don’t want to carry another wallet but I don’t want to leave this area uncovered if this post is to be at thorough as I intend.

Obviously I am a serious wallet junkie and a serious Outlaw fan. I always tell myself to stay off these threads when the periodically appear because most people know I am a friend and sometimes collaborator with Rick so my opinions might appear biased. Then I see something I just can hold back from commenting on and here I am again. I can only add that my friendship and collaborations with Rick are a result of how much I admire his products and the correspondence that came as a result of buying from him and not the other way around.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Anyone Wallet by Outlaw is miles ahead!
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Bill, do you use outlaw monogrammed transparency? and what do you think about it?, I already feel like you are the outlaw expert so questions coming to you Smile
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
612 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
I never leave home without my 'Hide Out Wallet' - seriously, it's where I keep my money, oh yeah and some killer mentalism.
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2830 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Rich Hennessey does a wonderful job but, again, it depends how you will be using your wallet. I use it mostly for p***s, am all the more comfortable with that side of the wallet in full view with it in place and like the touch of class it adds.

I have one for my Hideout but that may be overkill since I either take the p*** without opening the wallet or in a fashion where the hot area is not seen or if it is, only for a moment. Still, I know it is there and it makes me feel good!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3797 Posts

Profile of JanForster
O.k., here is what I did to my Magnum. Jan

Click here to view attached image.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Is that also transparent or just youre card there on the back?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3797 Posts

Profile of JanForster
No, it's transparent also and looks like a window you can see another card through. Besides that it looks like that a piece of the card protrudes from the window compartment. But with little thought you could remove the transparent.
Not that you've to show that side of the wallet but if no problem... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
wash
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of wash
Jan, would you mind explaining in more detail how you've adapted the wallet - I'm not sure I understand, thanks so much.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
I would PM wash. Thanks Jan.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
I have SAW and Magnum, waiting for the Opus Diablo!
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
I like the idea of putting an oiuja card there,removing it before the routine begins and use it for revealing the thoughts. Lunaria will do the job pretty well Smile
Stefmagic
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Stefmagic
What about a modified SAW with 3M technology ?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1110 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Marc paul has a nice way to utilize almost any regular wallet as a peek wallet, without gimmicking it..its on his video"mind 2 mind" , along with some other great effects.
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
667 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Stealth Assassin wallet by Nardi and Spelmann, a lot of trick using that wallet.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
669 Posts

Profile of Alel
Any opinions about Richard Busch's 'Untouchable Peek Case'?

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Favorite Peek Wallets? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL