The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Card Warp Gimmick I made (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Hi Guys

I also posted this in this in another part of the forum but I feel it fits best here.

I was playing around with the classic card warp method and I wanted to to be able to do the warp and then slowly pull the card back out unwarped.

I played around with a few ideas and at this moment in time, this is where I am at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=Zae38vMt6qg

I will continue to work on and will let you know when there is any improvements.

Thank guys, I hope you enjoy it.

Tom.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
507 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Tom,

I checked out the video...looked great. I am sure you will get a lot of positive repsonses from both laymen and the community here on the Magic Café.

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1669 Posts

Profile of Ross W
That's terrific! And no, I haven't a clue! Wow!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
MueCard
View Profile
Inner circle
2594 Posts

Profile of MueCard
Congratulation, really amazing!

May it be possible to learn something about your method some day?
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
499 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey Tom,

I would reach out to Jeff Pierce on this. He is the leading expert of card warps routine that I know of.

Take Care!

Ryan
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Tom, is it possible to tear the cards??
And Ryan gave you excellent advice, contact Jeff Pierce. He is writing a complete book on card warp routines.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MikeyM71
View Profile
Regular user
Chesapeake, OH
153 Posts

Profile of MikeyM71
Nice work Tom!
<BR>Mikey M.
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Looks good, looks good... Now not trying to work out the method, more so to provide additional resources for crediting and such but, is the gimmick similiar to "Switcher" by Richard James?? If you are unfamiliar with it here is his site:

http://www.richardjamesmagic.com/switcher.php

You can also purchase from most online magic suppliers.

Again, you card warp does looks awesome.

Cheers

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Hey Guys

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you all for your comments and I am glad you liked it.

MueCard:

Thank you for your comment, at the moment I don't know what I will be doing with this gimmick in terms of passing it on or selling it.

RSchlutz:

Hi Ryan, how can I get in touch with Jeff Pierce? Dose he regularly visit the this forum?

Vinney:

Hi there Vinney. I made this gimmick so at the end of the routine I could visually pull the card back out and show it unwarped, so with the gimmick which you see in the video, if you tear the cards you would destroy the gimmick but I will have a play around because I think by getting rid of just one element of this gimmick you could tear the cards and end in he classic way. I will let you know when I have had a try.

Justin:

I'm glad you enjoyed it and as for 'Switcher', its the first I have heard or seen of it and the method might well be the same but I don't know the method to compare them.

Thanks again for your comments guys.

Tom.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Jeff pierce is amember here on the Café
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Tom,

I sent you a PM. Hopefully it is not too confusing.

Good Luck

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
About a year ago, or so, I met a magician who was visiting from England ( I don't remember his name ). He performed a Card Warp very similar to this one. He didn't explain it because he said it was his own method and he didn't want to release it just yet.

So, I came up with a method of my own which appears to be very similar to this one. ( And, his ).
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
499 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Hey Tom,

He can be reached at jeffpiercemagic@aol.com

Ryan
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Hmm. I thought the method was obvious, perhaps because of all the extra edges. I'll admit to the possibility of being mistaken, but it seems like this method is best used in situations like this -- on video, for magicians.

In the standard methods of Card Warp, there are ways to end clean, thanks primarily to Michael Weber. In this one, you're dirty when you start, dirty all the way through and dirty at the end without much hope of cleaning up, save a complete switchout of the entire gimmick.

Those considerations aside, good work.
basic_mystifier
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of basic_mystifier
Good work!
Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
Dirty boy!
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
martin1025
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of martin1025
This is one of those tricks (well a variation) that is more puzzling to magicians than to laymen. Very Good!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » A Card Warp Gimmick I made (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL