The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Playing with Card Openers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I just read this post. Etienne thank you for your support on my top change.
I am not familar with the trick Steve talks about,However I find it hard to believe that my top change can not do what any normal change does.
the Godfather's top change can fool the camera as my good friend Glen Bishop has alway stated. Very little misdirection in is needed in real life to pull the change off..
Steve is a excellent cardician and no doubt can fry with his trick. I have seen Steve perform the top change in person.and his technique takes years of practice
the godfather TC is almost inisible and not difficult and can be mastered in a very short time.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Vinny
It would be more proper and instructive to state that the misdirection is built into your top change, requiring less misdirection around it than a top change normally requires.

This thread is running parallel to The workers » » Playing with Card Openers. It's worthwhile looking at both
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ettienne , Thanks to your suggestions about differnt coloerd backs
I came up with a effect I call Boxed suprise. the handling is very clean. I will send it your way as soon as I get my new camera working....I only perfromed this for my wife and it fooled her badly so I know it will work, she is a tough audience

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2009-02-09 16:45, Steven Youell wrote:

The technique that Pepka refers to is about as powerful as you can get. I have a video demonstration on my site in which I use the Top Change. Then I explain it to the spectator. Then I fool her with it another 6 times. Then I get bored so I do the Top Change with a face down deck and a face up card. She saw nothing.

I think it would be very hard to get more powerful than that.

SEY

Steve I don't know of your top change and I will be delighted to learn about it. I think that building competition between two sleight is childish: in some situation one is more adapted, in another situation it's the other. Trying to reduce two possibilities to one cannot be in anybody's favor.

Why don't we talk about favorable situations for each of these two top changes.
Since I don't know yours (as yet) I'll speak about a situation where Vinny's top change is a fooler: you do an ambitious card routine for magicians; they expect you at some point to do a Tilt (Vernon depth illusion); the gesture of Vinny's top change reproduce that but the change happens in the meantime. Thus they are convinced by the gesture that the card in the back is just second from the top. But then you rotate the deck showing that the card really is stuck into the middle of the deck and you ask a magician to push it in... This is very much John Ramsay's type of thinking (and it's one of the reasons I love it even though I extremely rarely perform for magicians).

Please analyze your top change and share with us the situation where, in your experience, it's very appropriate. We all know that, because it's a top change, there is a vast overlap between the two approaches, but there must be a few situation where yours is very convenient.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Playing with Card Openers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL