The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any other hardcore bowlers out there? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicator
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magicator
Quote:
On 2009-02-13 21:34, Andrew Musgrave wrote:
If you ever make it to Minnesota, go to the Twin Cities Magic and Costume shop and introduce yourself to Tyler Erickson. He stinks, but he's buddies with two guys who are very good, Patrick Umphrey and Brett Bishop.

Lol.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Just for an 'in your face' moment for you good bowlers. In the Navy they opened a bowling alley and I went after hurting my wrist, extremely drunk (I was banned from the bowling alley bar after this night), and bowled a 243. Now that I think of it I may have bowled out of turn and someone else bowled 243 but it was on the score thingy so I'm claiming it. I've only bowled over 150 about four other times out of hundreds of games.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
LOL! Hey, you take 'em however you can get 'em!

If you are into bowling and want to talk with other guys who are, too, go to http://www.ballreviews.com and check out the forum. It's The Magic Café of the bowling world. Lots of good folks, a few jerks, some great conversation, and some people who post idiotic stuff just to tick off everybody else.

Like I said, just like The Magic Café!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I am the current WMS bowling champion. My mother owned a small set of lanes when I was a kid outside of Pittsburgh. 8 lanes. I have 3 300 games, all many years ago. I don't have time for a league anymore but I do enjoy hitting the lanes every few weeks with friends. Last year, I bowled in a doubles adult/youth tournament with my nephew and threw a 297. Not too shabby. Oh, and my dining room table is made from an old pin deck. Yeah, I like to bowl.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I grew up in the 70's when Bowling was hot! I also worked as a Pin cleaner and Score Card cleaner in Columbia park lanes 64 Lanes! it used to cost 60 cents per game and shoes were 25 cents to rent!

After we bowled we would head downstairs to the Pool Hall, which had over 100 tables...Bowling and pool is how I spent my time all the way until I joined the navy and went off to San Diego. Then I used to hustle sailors on base; n both pool and bowl!

At one point in my teens I had a 189 average. I never rolled a 300 though.

I miss the days when you could take all the practice rolls you wanted, were able to smoke and drink and hang out. The "lanes" were the place to be. Then one day some A-whole developer bought out the land and all the property on it, only to wipe it out and build...yep, you guessed it Smile

I still watch it on ESPN and today they have some exciting players but nothing like the good old days...

New Jersey has got to be the Bowling capitol of the world...Brunswick!

4 Turkeys!
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Do any of you remember a pro bowler named Guppy Troop or something like that? He owned or managed a bowling alley in Jacksonville Florida. He was one of the meanest punks I ever met and he had a band of bowlers that protected him from what he always had coming, a complete arse kicking. I don't know if he was any good I was told he was a pro and I remember he had fish on his shoes...he's lucky he didn't have my shoe over his throat.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I know who Guppy Troop is, though I never met him and know nothing of him personally. But yes, he was a pro who won several titles and wore ridiculously ugly multi-colored pants.

Bowling is a lot like magic. Seems like everyone you meet involved in it is either one of the nicest people or biggest creeps you've ever met! Not a lot of people in the middle in either group. In both groups there are those people who think that because they happen to be a big fish in that little pond, the rest of us should bow and pucker up. I love and enjoy both activities, but in the grand scheme of things, how many 700 series you've shot, or how flawlessly you can execute The Pass doen't have much of a lasting impact on the world at large.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I think I can count the number of 700's I rolled on one hand...maybe less! lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any other hardcore bowlers out there? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL