The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Hoy's Bold Book Test (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
I, for one, appreciate Jeff's enthusiasm for a great (but not new) effect that he discovered, and for his eagerness to share it with the community.

Jeff is like the rest of us. None of us came into the world already knowing about classic mentalism sources and effects of the past. Someone had to brief us.

What about ENCOURAGING colleagues to share gold from the past that they discover? That is one way, after all, that "magicians help magicians."

George
Alexxander
View Profile
Elite user
Frankfurt, Germany
421 Posts

Profile of Alexxander
Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but I have a question.
How do /would you stage this effect?

Using one spectator staying in the audience for both page number and word ?
Using two spectators staying in the audience?
One on stage, the other in the audience?
Both on stage?
Spectator on stage seated or standing?

I'm tending towards using one spectator in the front row for the page number and one spectator on stage seated for the word itself.
I thought that letting the spectator take a seat would be more comfortable for that person and less frightening.. but I'm not sure about it yet.

What are your thoughts on this?
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
I have used this recently in conjunction to Art Vanderlay's "prophecy principle" and dressed this up as a "spectator as a mindreader" routine and had therefore two participants join me on stage.

I had the first participant select any book and any interesting word from a randomly chosen page and the second participant read the mind of the first participant.

that is the way I presented this book test.

I would suggest having your participants join you onstage for this book test as it gives you more control over the overall procedure and the participants.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2163 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2009, entity wrote:
Doug:

And none of us knew Hoy's Bold Book Test... until we did.

- entity

Exactly, entity.... some great book tests and subtleties mentioned here, but what a GREAT feeling it is to discover something in print we can USE....no MATTER how long it has been ":hidden-in-print".... from us!

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » David Hoy's Bold Book Test (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL