The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » I hope to bust out of jail soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

schwartz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of schwartz
Sorry I missed the convention--I hope to make it next year.

I am planning an escape from an old jail in Indiana as part of a fundraising event for the historical society that is based in the old jail building of the town. Ian McColl has been more than helpful with the planning and execution of this escape and I just wanted to say that this stuff really works.

While conducting a preliminary examination of the cell this week, the knowledge and tips Ian provides in his manuscripts was put to the test and passed with flying colors. Without actually seeing the lock, key or jail, Ian still knew exactly what to do and I saw this this escape was possible after all. I don't want to go into too much detail obviously, but even though Ian was halfway around the world he was still able to provide the means to escape with me as the front man.

The mechanics are real and they work. This was just a test and the real escape is set for June. The only problem that I've had was that the cell door is warped through age and is very difficult to open even with the actual key used by the museum manager. So technically the cell is not operating in perfect working order and the escape is more difficult but I am still going to attempt it anyway. Even if I fail, the museum will still raise some money so it is all for a good cause.

Hats off to you Ian, you should be working for the MI6 of Australia whatever it is called. I was skeptical at first. The secret of the jail escape is one of the most guarded methods in escape artistry and rightfully so. Very few people have the knowledge and skill to pull it off and Ian happens to be one of those people.

Thanks for all of your help Ian. Hopefully I can make this work successfully now. We'll see. I always wanted to break out of the joint. If I'm on the lam this summer it will be thanks to that Dillinger of the Outback, the guy with golden shorts. Nice legs by the way.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dear Mark, thank you for asking me to assist you and thanks for the positive comments.

May I add for everyone else, the Indianapolis escape convention was the launch of my latest three new books.

1) Prison Key Making from an Impression: A Workshop Manual for the Escapologist
2) Picking a Prison Lock
3) Fundamentals of Lock Picking, The: A Self Teaching Guide to Picking a Pin Tumbler Lock

Also my new gimmicked American #700 padlock.

All inquires to http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/

Ian McColl
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I would just like to second that and say that I am constently impressed with the quality and consistency of Ian McColl's work. And with the depth of his knowledge.

Ian, you are leading escape arts into the next century and we thank you for it.

David Straitjacket
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I would like to second that escape thing. If anyone can aid in my escaping from this darned cell, I would be very ecstatic! Joliet state pen, sucks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » I hope to bust out of jail soon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL