The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Henry Gordon has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2256 Posts

Profile of todsky
Henry Gordon died January 24th in Toronto. He was 89. Henry Gordon was a magician, debunker, and author of several magic books, but Montrealers will fondly remember his magic store on Queen Mary Road "Henry Gordon's Party Centre". I used to go there as a kid when I first got into magic.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/580806
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I took magic lessons from Henry when I was twelve. I remember 8 or 10 of us squeezed into the aisle of his shop learning one trick each week. Jane and I were in Daytona Beach last week and went into a little used book store to check out the magic section. In it we found a beginners magic book by Henry Gordon. I wondered aloud if he was still around. He was certainly a character. RIP.

John
Rockabilly
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria, BC,
158 Posts

Profile of Rockabilly
It's a real shame. A truly rational thinking man and great magician has passed on. He will be missed.
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » Henry Gordon has passed away (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL