The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question Re: Mental Frisbee (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
billm55
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
144 Posts

Profile of billm55
Sorry to be revisiting Mental Frisbee...but I have an opportunity to purchase it at a ridiculously low price...but even at a ridiculously low price, I don't want to waste my time or money. Is anyone still using it and what is your brief opinion of it at the present. I work with small groups of 25-60. Is that a big enough group to effectively perform the routine? I'm willing to put in the work and effort to make it effective but I've read so many pros and cons about it, I'm just not sure. Any info would be appreciated.
Bill Mogolov
The Mental Magic of M
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
You have been PMd, and I warn you, I made use of many upper case letters/words!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I too just got this and am having trouble seeing it fir in with my banquet shows of 40-120 guests. I know the manuscript/notes say it will pay well for all audiences but children, but I can really only see this working at my college or maybe (depending on the wind) festival dates. I really haven't tried using them yet, this is just my initial impressions. I'd like to hear about your experiences Eric.
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
I got this some time ago and have not used it due to what I consider to be issues with the specs working out things due to the frisbee modifications.

Would love to hear from people who have performed this effect.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
I had it, I sold it.

Simple answer really.

Peace & Love

Matt
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
What was your reason for selling?
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

I hated it.

The method was far to easy to figure out if a spectator was only a little bit inqusitive.

Worst purhase I have ever made.

I don't usually give negative reviews, I alwasy try to give a good side and a bad siude to them but this was something I did not like at all.

Sorry to be really blunt but I felt ripped off when I saw how it was done.

Peace & Love

Matt
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
Did you not try to think of other ways to present the effect and have other outs instead of modifying the frisbees? I am still trying to save something of this effect so that I have not lost my money.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

I suppose I could have, but then again why should I pay for an effect when I have to change the entire workings of it?

I know we should all adapt the effects we use to our own style and atletr the methods slghtly if we feel the need to but asking to alter the method on Mental Frisbe is like asking a Da Vinci to scrap his portrait of The Mona Lisa and draw a dodle of Mickey Mouse.

Its all each ot his own and I really felt ripped off.

(In fact when I sold the effect I mentioned that I hated it, it was a rip off and it was the worst pourchse I ever made - still the geezer who bought it off me wanted his money back because I "misled" him!)

((By the way it was sold to a magician friend of mine so no harm was done to our community)

Peace & Love

Matt
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
I agree that so much change should not be needed for an effect but equally I do not want to waste all of my hard earned cash.

The use of colour and six audience members I like a lot so I am still open to saving this purchase. Oh and that it packs down to nothing is also great.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

How about a chair routine? Or Snakes Alive by Larry Becker?

Both use colours and predictions.

Peace & Love

Matt
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
Yeah, but I have invested a LOT of money in this routine.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

True.

I suppose all you can do is either sell it or work out a way to make the method a lot better.

I think discussing the method here would be too much exposure so either PM me or lets have a natter in inner thoughts!

Peace & Love

Matt
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
I agree.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I have it.

I use only the fresbee they're very nice.
Ok, it's a little bit expensive to just use the Fresbee but they're incredible, my dog like to catch them.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12324 Posts

Profile of John C
Sold it.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2582 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
The ad copy has disappointment written all over it in my opinion.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
Disappointed I decided not to give this away and put it in the bin. Do not buy this rubbish.
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
gh256
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of gh256
Well that has saved me a waste of money. I was going to buy it a while back but wasn't to sure (because of the ad copy). Glad I made the right choice not to, thanks guys, so glad I read this.

Glenn
MikeMoLang
View Profile
New user
Ontario
23 Posts

Profile of MikeMoLang
Saved me some $. thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question Re: Mental Frisbee (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL