The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking is coming to the USA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
School of Busking is coming to the US

Hi all I have great news, as it say’s on the title The School of Busking is coming to the US. I have been talking to Gazzo and we are looking towards the Fall. No dates have been firmed up and we are looking into locations.

We have had a number of requests for the School to come to the US.

Their are huge benefits for American students who can attend the UK School:

Busking in a foreign country
(THIS A LESSON IN Its SELF)
Stepping stone to busking in Europe
Net working
Training aloneside other British and European buskers that have signed up on the course
Authorized to perform on Queen Street in Cardiff - the Beutifull Capital of Wales UK -in the sight of Cardiff Castle
A real pint of Beer!
And have an all round culutural learning experience!

For our US friends that cannot come to the UK, Gazzo and myself are going to come to you.

I need to know who is interested - even if you mentioned it before - can you please voice your interest/surport again.
http://www.schoolofbusking.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I have been to several busking lectures already. I also have several DVDs on busking already. But that still does not stop me from wanting to learn more on busking. I might just learn one thing extra. That one thing extra can be very beneficial for me. I'm not talking about for a day, month or year. I am talking about for the rest of my life. The way the economy is now, everything that deals with busking is important. The reason I know why it is so important is because of what I had to go through to become a professional magician.

If a person wants to learn how to street busk, it will be best to take the class. Even those who already know how to street busk, it will still be best to take the class because they are not being given by anybody. They are being given by two high quality street buskers, Mario and Gazzo.

Dynamike
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Mike I can say first hand that Gazzo is a first rate teacher.

As I and a number of oldies on here could say, they have been trained by Gazzo and it is the best lesson they receieved in their busking careers. He has being performing on the street for over 28yrs. Gazzo is one of the most experienced Street magicians in the world. He has travelled around and around this globe busking while most of us were still in nappies. He is one of the most well known buskers in the World by his own peers. He is the real thing - he is not some guy that's having mid life crisis, he was born to busk and to be taught by him will be life changing, I will gaurrante that.

I have busking now for over 15yrs so between the 2 of us that's over 40yrs of experience. Very important dynamic- what you american students will learn from us is about international travel. Contacts in Europe, pitches festivels, Gazzo will be sharing contacts for festivels.

I had been busking and performing C&B for about 7yrs or more when I enroled in Gazzo Master class. What I learned during those 2 days changed the way I busk conpletely. All the lectures I have been to, all the DVDs that I have watched together did not teach me as much as I learnt those days.

Most of the so called big time buskers on here and I include myself on that list are past students of Gazzo. I would say they are Gazzo succes stories, many will let you know that themselves. Others for some reason wont give him the credit but they should. The reason they are succsesfull is because they have made what they have learned - their own. They havent just stolen an act or a good idea they have worked hard on their own showmanship.

We guarentee you what you learn on here will blow you away.

Mario
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
Mario

I will do my best to get to your school in the States.

Here is hoping that its on the East Coast Smile

But thanks for listening man, really thanks alot.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
Skotster
View Profile
Regular user
Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
109 Posts

Profile of Skotster
I will start saving for this. I just hope it's in driving distance.
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
724 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
Another vote for the northeast...
Shawn.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I will vote for Detroit.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
685 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Hey... come on out to San Diego or somewhere on the West Coast. How about 2 sessions... one for each coast?

sdmagic
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 08:44, JohntheMagician wrote:
Mario

I will do my best to get to your school in the States.

Here is hoping that its on the East Coast Smile

But thanks for listening man, really thanks alot.

John I'm already in Talks with Gazzo and Kozmo for Kutztown Pennsylvania this year in November.
We have to fine tune some things, Kutztown might be turning into a two day convention this year.

Todd
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Quote:
On 2009-02-10 04:50, Mario Morris wrote:

Most of the so called big time buskers on here and I include myself on that list are past students of Gazzo. I would say they are Gazzo succes stories, many will let you know that themselves. Others for some reason wont give him the credit but they should. The reason they are succsesfull is because they have made what they have learned - their own. They havent just stolen an act or a good idea they have worked hard on their own showmanship.

I have always considered myself a Gazzo student and attribute a great deal of my success both on the street and off to lessons I learned from Gazzo.

Gazzo opened many, MANY, doors for me and I will always be thankful for that. Gazzo is truly a master on not just street performing but as Mario pointed out the lessons on showmanship, comedy, magic, originality, character development, crowd control, and perhaps most importantly WORK ETHIC, have served me very well. Nobody and I mean NOBODY works harder on the street than Gazzo. When I started on the street I was truly awful and if Gazzo could make a good entertainer, street performer, comedian, and magician, out of me he can do it for anyone anyone. You just need to be willing to do the work.

I would also like to say that while Gazzo is most well known for his ENORMOUS circle shows. He is also a master of the sidewalk and the smaller show. I have seen with my own eyes Gazzo working pitches and crowds of just about every shape and size and have been consistently awed and amazed at his ability to have complete control over his audience while performing a show that is second to none. The word 'master' is thrown around a lot in the world of magic but there are few who are as respected by their peers AND THEIR AUDIENCES as Gazzo is.

While I have never met Mario I have seen his work on video and read many of his posts on the internet and it is obvious that he is no slouch himself. Anyone who has the opportunity to take a class from these guys will have an experience that will serve them well for a lifetime.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I thought I posted on this thread.

I checked with Greyhound. Providence to Kutztown round trip (I do want to come back) runs about $138. A little more attainable than $400. I'm going to try, I'm not going to commit myself yet because stuff comes up faster than you think, but I'm going to seriously consider it and try.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
I will certainly be there, getting a good primer with Kozmo this coming Tuesday at Denny's.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
We would, of course, also need to know cost of the course and cost of living (ie, hotels, restaurants, etc.) in Kutztown PA before proceeding.
Ain't life unkind?"
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Not sure if you've made a final decision on location but have you considered Florida? If you're going to have the class in the fall the weather will still be warm, since the state is a tourist destination the fall is 'off-peak' which means there would be plenty of lodging options at great prices.

Plus if any students want to practice what they've just learned there are some spots to work (Ft Myers, St Pete, Key West, Lincoln Road in Miami(?), Daytona Beach, etc).

One draw back is it's a long trip for anyone out of state. Approx 1200 miles from the NYC metro area. However if you order early enough you can find some real airfare bargins on some of the smaller airlines.

Plus Gazzo is familar with Florida (I think) from his work in Key West and some of the Renn Faire's in Ft Lauderdale........
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
September/October is 'off-peak,' not certain November is.
Ain't life unkind?"
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
The details will follow, please be patent I am on the RD just now.
Thanks
Mario
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2720 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
This is cool. Thanks.
Ain't life unkind?"
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Here is the dilemna for holding busking workshops in the states ....the idea is to take students on the streets to get a feel for it. The only places that allow this are few and far between as you know. Most places in america are illegal to busk or very very difficult with so many regulations.
Its not impossible but just difficult. If we have to go through authorities for permits that only allow you to work a sidewalk corner etc etc...
This is why we decided to hold it in ENgland because its welcomed over here. You here about places like Boston, Key west, and NYC, but we couldn't hold a workshop in those places because they are permitted pitches. So hold tight, it will take a lot of organization and the right location.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Gazzo -

Fells Point in Baltimore, Maryland is a large open street place with LOTS of foot traffic and tourists. The permits are very easy to get and only cost $25 for the entire year.

Baltimore has an international airport and is fairly diverse in culture.

The harbor there has many buskers - but that area is private and you audition for the circle spot. but Fells point is there too and is public and open to permit.

Just thought I would toss that out for an idea of venue.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Here's another vote for Florida!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking is coming to the USA (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL