The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking is coming to the USA (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
marty.sasaki
View Profile
Inner circle
1117 Posts

Profile of marty.sasaki
How about Boston. I don't know of where to hold the class portion of it, maybe a sponsor could be found, but "live" performance/demonstration could be done at Faneuil Hall. Gazzo has been on the "official" list of performers and a slot could be made available. Attendees might even be able to make a bit of money.

You might even make it an "event", something that appears on the calendar as an attraction. Come witness the world's best magical buskers as they lead attendees through the paces of plying their craft on one of the best "pitches" in the world.

Just a thought.
Marty Sasaki
Arlington, Massachusetts, USA

Standard disclaimer: I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys occasionally mystifying friends and family, so my opinions should be viewed with this in mind.
MJP
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of MJP
I'm very interested in this. If it's in Florida, all the better for me...

Cheers!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
San Francisco is still, technically, a "Free Speech Area"... No permit required, but one is "offered"...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Howabout getting a film crew to tape the entire venture and produce a reality TV show out of it. Gazzo's "The Busker Apprentice". If there is any way of advancing the American culture towards accepting street performing in more venues, it will be accomplished only through the magic of television, as we lie about on our arses in our vibrating Lay-Z-Boy recliners.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
OK, I wont come.
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
Please don't let my sad attempt at humor discourage you from coming. The desire is strong , and there are plenty of busker faithful here who need you. We're just trapped in an oppressive culture of unacceptance in most metropolitan areas, save a few well known spots.
In Dallas, the closest form of street entertainment we get would be a guy with a squee-gee and bottle of watered down windex. Now a cowboy twirling a lasso act might play down in Ft. Worth, but only up until he tried to invert his hat..then the bicycle police would be all over the perp.
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Quote:
On 2009-02-17 13:55, MJP wrote:
I'm very interested in this. If it's in Florida, all the better for me...

Cheers!

Again Florida is a great place .... but where Key West is out.... so is Clearwater...Miami too .... St Augustine no go... See what we mean ....now you have 51 more states, England fits in Florida We could find over 200-300
spots here they my not all be great but there all here
Look I'm Not trying to give anybody a hard time , I's just a fact
Knowing how to Busk is the easy part, finding a place is the Key
But right now I'm putting my head on the Cellini thing In a few weeks I'll be back on It
Thanks
Gazzo
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 05:46, Mario Morris wrote:
OK, I wont come.

That was a Joke, British but a joke, perhaps not funny British joke but a joke.
Ohhh, I have had to much wine
Mario Smile
Magic Tad
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Magic Tad
I vote for the north east also Philadelphia area or Jersey Shore or Maryland. Bring your school and you will have heavy hats. Magic Tad
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
I would love to travel, and perform, and learn to master the crafts that matter. Learn to develop the systems that endow me and individuals around me with wonder!, and laughter, and hysteria, and shock, and all the related emotions that a powerful presentation can generate. all balled into a career immortalized by its past present, and possible future, its evolution and reasoning.As well as the billions of individuals that we might affect from our effects, we too the traveling trickster the master magician the busker must hold the fuel to this fire. For me, its the common hope that the hat we pass after our show is only by choice. We want to shove the envelope forward and reveal our humanities more to each other and the world by staying in the the moment, and building a life, or foundation not by 'hiding' behind elaborate dance schemes, choreography, stages, lighting and heavy scripting, although all these aspects and many more have their huge homes grounded in the performing arts, but by picking an ideal spot, gathering a crowd, entertaining them, and living freely. I feel like this hard knox school is one I'll had wished I'd attended when and if I look back after professional and life success. Please consider me very interested!!

Ivan Stratienco
Ridge, New York
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Scrimp, save, beg, borrow, do whatever you have to do to attend this workshop. Years ago, on a moments notice after reading about Gazzo hosting a master class, I gave up front row seats for a Broadway show, quickly took time off from my job, travelled from NJ to NC, put up with over 3 hours of standstill traffic on the beltway around DC, wound up missing the Friday lecture and dinner afterwards.

However, the time I spent in the masterclass and the attention to detail that Gazzo goes into teaching his C&B routine was priceless. It's not about learning HIS routine. It's about learning the techniques of his routine, the fine points that make all the difference. Hand positions, wand use, wand placement, loading, etc. You can then build on this and create your own routine. PAY ATTENTION to what Gazzo says. Take it all in. It may not all register in the beginning, but eventually you'll get that epiphany and it will all make sense. Even if you don't want to perform cups and balls, pay attention to how he is aware of all the details that go into his performance. This will help you pay attention to the details of each effect you want to perform.

If you've never busked before or performed on the streets or in a festival setting, think about it and formulate some questions. Gazzo was open to anything we wanted to know and quick to share information.

Watch how he builds his crowd. I don't know if he realizes it, but there is a lot of psychology built into how he orchestrates the crowd. The man is a genius. A pro. A man who has a lot of flight time. If he were an airline pilot, he'd be another one who could land on the Hudson and claim everyone survived. I owe my hats to Gazzo. (not literally)

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Any idea on where it will be yet?
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
One last try for San Diego... C'mon guys! How can you resist? You KNOW the West Coast rules!!

sdmagic
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Spellcheck Mario, spellcheck!
kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
Gazzo, I know you're not a big fan of the Big Easy, but the laws in New Orleans are pretty relaxed on street performing. There are the streets (don't block the sidewalks) and you have the big pitch on Decature. Just a thought, never said it was a good one. And...no permits.
Gazzo
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Gazzo
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 14:41, kasper777 wrote:
Gazzo, I know you're not a big fan of the Big Easy, but the laws in New Orleans

Well get your fact's right, sir
I love New Orleans
G.
Peabody
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
25 Posts

Profile of Peabody
Here's another vote for the NorthEast! Also, keep this in mind...1/3 of the population of the United States lives within a day's drive of Atlantic City and we've got that big old boardwalk to take to for practice!
I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson
warren lee
View Profile
New user
Conn,
14 Posts

Profile of warren lee
HEY GAZZO,WHAT ABOUT CT.,YEAH ,IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER.SOUND ANY GOOD?
My hat takes checks
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
SF ! ! !
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » School of Busking is coming to the USA (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL