The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help with Torn by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Afternoon all,

I'm looking for a little help with an aspect of Torn, and I'm hoping that someone out there who has mastered the handling can get in touch with me over PM. I do not yet have access to the secret forums here, or else I'd post a thread in there where I can be more free with my question.

Thanks muchly.

Rob
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
378 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Danny Posts here occasionally. He may be able to help you. Why don't you send him a PM?
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Hi Eric,

Do you happen to know his username? I've tried the user search, but nothing obvious turns up, unless I'm being a complete idiot....

Rob
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Ah, I've tracked him down, was a bit tricky with the Search delay though!

Rob
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Have a look at my attempt here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2Yx3VBIYg
I have tried to show more of the card face than in the original.
Back No 67
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Back No 67
I like this trick. I've been working on a torn and restored trick for a while. A touch of history- In the early days when playing cards had no back design, they were the cheapest form of paper. Mothers would write notes on them when they gave their children up for adoption. They would cut out or rip out a section of the card if they were going to return for the child one day and leave it whole if they were never coming back. How is that for a premise?

Ed
pearljamjeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Ann Arbor
1246 Posts

Profile of pearljamjeff
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 03:20, mwmagic wrote:
Have a look at my attempt here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW2Yx3VBIYg
I have tried to show more of the card face than in the original.

This is pretty good. Instead of the dot in the corner, what if you signed the other half? You could have a matching signature on the d*pe. Granted, this would mean more awareness of what pieces are where and what's showing, but each piece would have part of a signature being restored. The back would be considered by the spectator to be so unique that the face of the card, I think, would appear to be incidental. Hmm, I might have to try that out!
Jeff Travilla - I own an advertising agency to help finance my magic addiction.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3270 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Martin, looked good.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Agreed. Especially at the end, it could slow down a bit. But very nice presentation and some good innovations...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Pearljamjeff
Good idea on the signature location, but tried to keep it to somethiung suitable for video and real life. So I could just add the dot in front of the spec.

Mandarin
Getting the tempo right is important and yes it was a bit fast.
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1040 Posts

Profile of bsears
Nice video. The only piece that didn't quite work for me was the last one (need a little more cover imo when unfolding), but overall, well done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help with Torn by Daniel Garcia (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL