The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Arcana of Bizarre Magick from Jim Magus is re-released (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
But Bill, I don't know the real answer! I'm just making an assumption on the basis of how Lulu works.

I guess that there is no hurry, since we can order by the end of March and still get the bonus book. Still....
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
The bonus books are books you could buy separately if you wished, at $20 apiece. You can go here to see descriptions of both Turn of a Friendly Card and Mysteries of the Runes. So you can pay $60.35 plus shipping to Lulu for just Arcana of Bizarre Magick or $68 directly to the author and get $80 worth of merchandise. I already made my choice and received the books three days ago.

:banana:
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Rgranville, thanks.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Thanks indeed.

I'm definitely interested in one of the bonus books!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
At 300 pages, it's 50% larger than the original!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2235 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
CLifford, not only is it larger; it is revised. Updated, so lists of dealers and suppliers are current. Many from the past no longer being in business.
SO this is a fresh look . The list of contributors in the book reads like a Whos Who of Bizarre Magic. Wonderful photographs of several legends we all should aspire to emulate. Very importantly as well, 'CREDITS' are given for the methodsand their originators; so as not to ne lost with the passage of time.

Maintaining both the history and integrity of our craft.

Once you have it in hand, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed.

KOtah
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
Co-Sign!
I took me at least 5 years to get my hands on a copy.
Last week I ordered the book directly fom Jim Magus and within 8 days or so it arrived on my door - I live in Germany/Europe btw! That's what I call fast delivery : )

And on my first impression it was well worth to wait 5 years to get it.
In other words: this book looks GREAT!
Never read the instructions!
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
Oh and I forgot to mention that I received a free copy of "Turn Of A Friendly Card" as well. Great service! Thank you Jim Magus!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
And how much did you pay for shipping to Germany?

I'm ready to order, but I assume I have to pay more than $8.00 shipping.
Soulstar
View Profile
New user
USA
62 Posts

Profile of Soulstar
$5 additional for airmail to Germany. that's fair I guess...
Myrsolon
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Myrsolon
I ordered it a couple of days ago. I hope I don't recieve it today, got too much to do to get distracted.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Mine arrived today! Much heftier than I expected and very very wonderfully distracting!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Man oh Man.
This book has proven so informative already and I'm only just starting it.
Jim's opening history of Bizarre magic has begun to fill in some real troublesome blanks for me.
Names of folks that I knew (even personally) and respected dearly but did not fully see how they fit into the larger story of Bizarre Magick.

This is such an important book.

Thank you Jim Magus...hear me?

Thank You!
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I hate paypal. Smile
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Got mine today. Took about a week. Also ordered Tales of a Talking Board from Jim.
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and all that. But what is really important, does it still have a picture of Cait Sidhe?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Yes.
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
I started reading the Arcana this evening, the signed copy I picked up from Jim Magus at ECSS.

I'm thrilled to death with what I've read so far, and I am only 40 pages into it.

Great insights into developing character, suggestions as to kinds of character you can portray; the 'secret of the spectrum' - very helpful, to understand theatrical vs goetic bizzarist; the importance of atmosphere; strength in setting... and this just in the beginning of the book!

Every page I read is resulting in brainstorms of new ideas.

Thank you Jim Magus!
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
Well worth the investment. Jim and Melania couldn't have been nicer at ECSS.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I still have to pick up the second edition, but was one of the preorder recipients of the first edition when it came out. I love Jim's work.

Short story, There was a couple a friend had introduced to me. It turns out he was just trying to pawn them off on me, they kept coming by, unannounced, and visiting. It was like they adopted my house as their hangout. One night, I performed a certain "ring" routine that Jim has in that book. That was more than a decade and the couple has yet to come back to my home. Smile

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Arcana of Bizarre Magick from Jim Magus is re-released (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL