The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Question about the Riffle Pass (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

UpclseNprsnl
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of UpclseNprsnl
I know the riffle pass is not used much by some people and is not a big priority for some people to learn, but I love the way that it looks, especially when someone does it correct and clean.

I have been working on the riffle pass and whenever I bring up the bottom packet, I always end up turing the bottom card of the top packet over to where when I square up the deck, the bottom card of the top packet, the card above the key card I am moving to the top, is turned face up in the middle of the deck. This does not happen every time, but I could see how it could be beneficial for making the riffle pass into a trick on its own.

I could show them the key card that will be moving to the top, and I could show them the card above it, so when I get done, I hit them with a double whammy by turning over the top card and then showing them the face up card in the middle. Of course, it is a little bit easier to detect this pass, especially since my original pass (the way it's supposed to be done) is still sketchy. But, did anyone else have this problem and utilize it? Thank you to anyone who responds to my question.

Adam
UpclseNprsnl
Lonnie Dilan
View Profile
Special user
Canyon Country, California
823 Posts

Profile of Lonnie Dilan
Yeah, I have had this problem a few times... it still happens on occasion and I did utilize it.

I use it to reaveal a card and man it just flips and pops out and when your done passing it's just sticking out of the deck. I have figured out how to do it everytime and I'm working on a few different things with it right now.

It can also be used to just reverse the card in the deck, but it has to be done fairly slowly cause of the noise that the card makes.... I'm still working on that too, but I'm just having fun with it for now.... I see a few possibilities with this mistake/discovery.

Most of the stuff that I have come up with has been by mistake.

Funny how that works.
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
That used to happen to me too, and I tried to play around with it, but gave up.
I figured that there are better ways to reverse cards. Instead, I kept on working on my riffle passes until it didn't happen anymore. You might be gripping the cards too tight. If you want to get rid of the problem (if you think it's a problem), try loosening up your grip. Don't strangle the deck. The lighter the pressure, the faster the action will be. Good luck! Smile
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Martin_H
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
164 Posts

Profile of Martin_H
I found out that it also depends on the condition of the cards. Is it a new pack or are the cards used and more "sticky".
Also, as cardguy mentioned, the grip is very important. Fingers should be smooth and flexible - the grip should be loose..
the more relaxed you do it, the better it works (as other things in life) Smile
have a jolly good day
Martin
life is real magic
Julien
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Julien
The left hand should be pulling the half, not just the right hand pulling the bottom packet. The movements from both hands in opposite directions should prevent that kind of mistake.

Also, when the halves are being switched, they shouldn't be so close as to let this kind of thing happen!

And yes, with brand new packs of cards, this kind of thing is more likely, which is why you should break it in BEFORE you use it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Question about the Riffle Pass (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL