The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Michael Vincent DVD Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I agree with John Carey.

This is some of the finest work on pure sleight of hand put on video.

I love this set.

Perhaps the best set in magic I have purchased!!

Get it, you wont regret it.

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
I watched Michael do the Genreal Card routine for a group of laymen about 10 years ago and it was really great! I do the original routine from the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings, how different is Michael's handling from the original?

Sean
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Profile of michaelvincent
Quote:
On 2009-04-30 05:41, Sean Macfarlane wrote:
I watched Michael do the Genreal Card routine for a group of laymen about 10 years ago and it was really great! I do the original routine from the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings, how different is Michael's handling from the original?

Sean

Hello Sean

The routine on my new DVD is a Stand-up Parlor version for The General Card. This new version uses four selections and the structure is based on the classic routine Everybody's Card which you can find in The Royal Road to Card Magic and The Secrets of Conjuring and Magic by Robert Houdin.

I know how much you enjoyed the routine by Larry Jennings, I think you will like this new version because the effect builds and the magic is sustained over a longer period.

I want to thank everyone who is taken the time to post their comments and feelings about the new DVD from Alakazam. Myself, Peter Nardi and Russ Steven's are all delighted that you have enjoyed the presentation and that your money was well invested in this product.

Best wishes to you all

Mike Vincent
London
Magic for the 21st Century
"Why be mediocre, when you have excellence as an option"

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

The Vincent Academy of Magic
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi Michael, thanks for chiming in! Yes, I do really love that effect, but really it was more the way you did it that impressed me, 4 effortless changes executed with a very beautiful rhythm . I just read the routine in Royal Road to card magic and I really can't wait to see your rendition of this effect. Thanks again!

Sean
Up_in_smoke
View Profile
Regular user
England
143 Posts

Profile of Up_in_smoke
I got this yesterday, really good dvd, the technical skill and presentation skill of this man is brilliant. I cant wait for the coin dvd he is releasing. Can anyone help me? I cant seem to find the explaination (if its there) for the sandwich effect he does at the parlour show.
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-01 13:57, Up_in_smoke wrote:
I got this yesterday, really good dvd, the technical skill and presentation skill of this man is brilliant. I cant wait for the coin dvd he is releasing. Can anyone help me? I cant seem to find the explaination (if its there) for the sandwich effect he does at the parlour show.

The routine is called The Smiling Mule and you can find it in The Complete Walton Volume 1. The best card tricks are buried away in some great books.

Good Luck

Mike Vincent
London

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
There is soooo much on the dvd's mike!
one word to sum up the whole set? SPEECHLESS !!!!!!!!
thanks for sharng everything with us
all the best
matt wainwright

http://www.mattwainwright.com
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
This set is absolutely fantastic. Michael is a true artist in every sense of the word. The last time another magician inspired me as much as this, was David Copperfield at the NIA in Birmingham in 1995.

Michael, thank you for sharing your work with us. This set is worth much more than the retail price.
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Can't wait to get my copy of this Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Russ Stevens + Mike Vincent = pure gold

Can't wait to see Mike's work on coins after seeing his 3 fly on youtube
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
The Intuitive Speller fooled the daylights out of me when I watched the performance. I thought a memorized deck was being used, then I remembered that a spectator shuffled the cards. Now, I'm fooling all of my friends with it.

I love Michael's elegant touches on the sleights he explains.
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
I just received my set today... haven't finished watching the first DVD yet... Intuition Speller is so a lovely trick, fun to perform and easier that it seems at first sight... so bad that I don't live in a English speaking country Smile

...but one thing for sure, Kimset already became one of my top five favorite mental effects... !

I love you Mike Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-11 15:40, yif wrote:
I just received my set today... haven't finished watching the first DVD yet... Intuition Speller is so a lovely trick, fun to perform and easier that it seems at first sight... so bad that I don't live in a English speaking country Smile

...but one thing for sure, Kimset already became one of my top five favorite mental effects... !

I love you Mike Smile

Thanks Bro
Love you too.
Spread the word......
and thanks to everyone who has invested in this project.
I sincerely hope that you all will watch the DVDs many times over, I created this project to function as the closest thing to personal tuition.
Continued viewing and studying is the only way to capture the essence of what I am trying to communicate, that is passion, desire and self-discipline is the pathway to mastery and excellence.

See you all soon
Cheers

Mike Vincent
London

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I'm hooked on the background piano music on this set. I'd love to get the CD of the music. That aside this is a set you will play over and over if you are at all serious about your performances. His timing, tension and relaxation techniques and attention to detail make this DVD set a must. Did I mentioned I loved the background music?
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
This set of DVD has my highest recommendation. Michael Vincent is a true, fine gentleman of card magic.

He holds nothing back and treat everyone who buy this DVD as his student and provide as much as information he could on the background of all effects he explained. His skill is top class, so does his teaching.

His DVD set definitely set the new standard in card magic teaching. This DVD set provide the value much higher than its selling price. You will not go wrong with Michael Vincent's DVD. (Others so called card magician card magic DVD release I cannot think of any can recommend)

Mr. Michael Vicent, please accept my sincere thanks to your wonderful DVD and advice to us. We are looking forward your future release.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-13 23:47, Steven Leung wrote:
This set of DVD has my highest recommendation. Michael Vincent is a true, fine gentleman of card magic.

He holds nothing back and treat everyone who buy this DVD as his student and provide as much as information he could on the background of all effects he explained. His skill is top class, so does his teaching.

His DVD set definitely set the new standard in card magic teaching. This DVD set provide the value much higher than its selling price. You will not go wrong with Michael Vincent's DVD. (Others so called card magician card magic DVD release I cannot think of any can recommend)

Mr. Michael Vicent, please accept my sincere thanks to your wonderful DVD and advice to us. We are looking forward your future release.

Thanks Steven

Your kind words are very much appreciated.

More to come from Alakazam very soon.

Warm regards

Mike
Vincent
London

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
My favorite DVD(s) has been Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight. Now I have a new favorite!

Is the Foresome the same routine as your 4play4foursome?

randy
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Really... Smile

Did I mention that with Mike's touch on Marlo's one hand bottom deal may make this sleight become one of your favorite forces? That sleight will not scare you anymore you have here simply the best teaching of the move ever released... the subtlety/application taught alone is worth the price of the entire set! Smile

And what can I tell about the routines, so much WOW Whouah material..... sorry really no time for a longer post, I have to rewatch these DVDs a third time Smile

And...I didn't see it in the credits.... please someone tells me the name of that peaceful background music.... Smile
- Y
michaelvincent
View Profile
V.I.P.
567 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-05-14 21:40, rnaviaux wrote:
My favorite DVD(s) has been Benjamin Earl's Past Midnight. Now I have a new favorite!

Is the Foresome the same routine as your 4play4foursome?

randy

4Play With Foursome is an extension of Harry Lorayne's original routine involving two selections.
See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKaS5zMrDIY

Credit to my friend Andrew Wimhurst for creating the routine. Andrew's handling can be found in his book "down Under Deals".
http://www.michaelvincentproductions.com......ets.html

Good luck

Mike Vincent
London

Mastering Magic

Elegant Decpetions

Learning Tools

The All Cards Blog

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Hi Michael

Nice job on the project.

I now consider you my first true mentor. Long may the passage of wisdom from you to me continue.

Love your thinking, I have forever changed the way I take cards out of the card box, something I never even thought to consider!

One question though. Why the Steve Dacri style long thumbnail?

Your new student

Andi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Michael Vincent DVD Project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL