The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Slate of Mind... the original (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
The original Slate of Mind, given that name by U.F. Grant c.1947, was essentially a card trick that could pass over into the realm of a mental prediction. His version and subsequent versions up until recently all used gimmicked cards and were self-contained and easy to do. The basic effect is that six (or so) cards are placed around a slate (or whiteboard or writing pad). The magician writes down a prediction on the slate (etc.). One of the cards is then chosen and placed at the top of the board. The board is then turned around to reveal that the card chosen matches the magician's earlier prediction, while none of the other cards match.

I have recently published a history of the evolution of this effect called "Evolutionary Slate of Mind" in the Wizards' Journal #17 (on my site), along with my own version which uses no gimmicks whatsoever (all may be examined, as they say) and one easy-peazy sleight known to even the most elementary students of card magic. Some of you may find it of interest.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Slate of Mind... the original (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL