The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bagel card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I was thinking about new ways to present the sandwich effect, this is what I came up with:
Having performed a normal version of a sandwich effect, you take the two sandwich cards and fold them in half. You then proceed to tear the centers of the cards out leaving you with two card rings. These are clearly placed anywhere in the deck, and shown not to have anything between them.

The pack is shaken and spread through again, the selected card is face up between the
'bagel' cards. You remove the packet and rub. The center of the chosen card has now disappeared leaving you with three rings, one of which is the spectators card.

I follow this up with a version of the two card link.

Interested to know what you think
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
246 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Sounds great to me!
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
What exactly is the sandwich card trick?
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
A sandwich trick is when two cards for instance jokers are placed in the deck (normally reversed) they are shown to be next to each other with no cards between them and suddenly a card becomes 'sandwiched' in between, this is the chosen cards.

Some versions use just two cards and the card suddenly appears between them whilst held in your hands. There are hundreds of variations.
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Or sometimes the two reversed cards are placed in completely different parts of the deck, and then they come together somehow and trap one card between them. Like Owen Daniel said, there are many variations.
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
254 Posts

Profile of magicswan
Hey man, I hate to be a buzz kill, but it's been done. I saw an ad for something with cards and a bagel in Genii or Magic magazine a few years ago...
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Magicswan,

Can you please give me a date for this routine? I do not think that I had a subscription to Genii or Magic at this time as otherwise I am sure I would have remembered.

Thanks any way,
Owen
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
960 Posts

Profile of Carron
Magicswan, what you describe is a trick you say uses cards and a bagel, I assume you mean a physical bread bagel.

Owen's trick uses no such item, all it uses are two cards so-called bagel cards due to the center of each card being torn out causing them to bear a resemblance to the common bagel or anything else with a hole in the centre.

Tom
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3304 Posts

Profile of Julie
Collector's Workshop used to sell a trick with round cards, a bagel, and a master lock called...bagels and locks (or locks and bagels).
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I saw this effect advertised and it was this initial idea that gave me the idea but as Tom has said, the effect that I have created has no relevance to the bagel except the visual aspect of a card with a hole it it...And the fact that it is a sandwich trick!

Owen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bagel card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL