The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Opinions on card warp(not in other posts) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I looked around for opinions on card warp and didn't find much so I started one. Anyway what is your favorite warp? It can be anyone you want. Why is it your favorite? do you get good reactions?
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
streetmagician_08
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of streetmagician_08
I like the star warp from Michael Ammar's "Easy to Master Money Miracles" video.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
The most magical version that I've seen so far is Bruce Cervon's Warp II, performed and explained on one of his Ultra Cervon Video tapes. It uses a dollar bill instead of a second card, which allows for some extremely convincing finesses.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I only know one card warp and that is Roy Walton's which is taught on Ammars, as noted above. It is also on one of the ellusionist vids.

I think it is a tremendous visual! It is technically easy and that leaves alot of room for the patter and presentation to go smooth.

I find that the reactions are "Get out!", "No way!", "Holy *!". I have had people see it a number of times and say, "I still don't know how you do that!"
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Smile Thanks for your input. Smile Hope to get some more. I do not own any card warps, and I have no clue how they are done. I guess I will learn in time. Smile
Palle
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Palle
Of the 4 warp routines I know, Mike Close's Dr. Strangetrick is the one I perform the most. Great story (time machine) to go with it. Done with one card and one bill. Explained in the Workers books and on the Workers video and volume 5 of the "very very close" video set.
palle...
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Mike Close's is really a nice one.Very cool ending.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I've only presented the effect a few times, but it has always gotten a good response. Personally, I favor Eugene Burger's presentation.
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
I have to say star warp. By the way I have been working on learning that one today.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Darren Roberts
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Darren Roberts
I will add another vote for Close's Dr. Strangetrick out of Workers 1. I highly recommend this manuscript as it also has his killer "pothole" effect.
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
I'm not sure what version I perform I guess it's the original?? But have been disapointed when I purchased the ultimate card warp.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Anyone know just how similar Bruce Cervon's and Michael Close's versions are in method and effect? I only know Mike's, and it's been my favorite for quite for some time.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Marko, they are not simular at all.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Also, if you get the chance, check out Don Englands' version. Perfect for messing with magicians.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
ledzepp1918
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of ledzepp1918
I like Star Warp but but am wondering if theres one that you can give out the card for examination at the end.
goonerjack
View Profile
New user
England
37 Posts

Profile of goonerjack
I just use Roy Walton's Card Warp from Ammar's Easy To Master Card Miracles Volume 2 (I think).

It is good to be orginal with it as well. For example, you don't always have to do it with cards (I have done it with leaflets handed out at my school - so it is assumed that they cannot be gimmicked as I only got them earlier and therefore the effect is stronger). Also, there is some great patter to go with it. Search for 'Frankenwarp', (I think , although not totally sure) on these boards.

Jack.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
I saw the one on ETMCM and thought it was pretty good. After some investigation I noticed that some magicians didn't like the logic of tearing the card at the end of the routine. I've found that the presentation by Ammar (he uses words something along the lines of "if we tear the card - it is sealed in this warped state") works well and I embellish this by emphasising that the tear matches perfectly (ie. implying that the only way the trick could have been done, if it wasn't magic was to use different cards - but this is obviously not the case).

I bought the Michael Close Workers Video a couple of days ago which has the Dr. Strangetrick variation of Card Warp. Although I haven't tried it yet it has some distinct advantages over the standard affair and has the approximate cleanup at the end. I think this version may be based on StarWarp.

That's my braindump on the matter. Hope it's of some use.

Beetroot
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
I have used and will only use Roy Walton's original version. I learned this by BUYING THE ORIGINAL INSTRUCTIONS from Roy himself in his shop in Glasgow.

This is something that really annoys me. Roy Walton came up with something that has caused stirs around the magic world for close on 35 years now and how many people think to go buy the original instructions? Some folk don't know where to get it. Well, let me put that straight right now.

Go to http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/. Click on the "Exclusives" part (you'll see the cover of The Complete Walton Vol. 2) and that will take you to where you need to be. Why does Davenport's sell it? Well, there is the small reason that Roy's sister-in-law owns the shop (how many of you knew that Roy was married to a Davenport?).

So there you are! No more excuses. Go get the original for a whole £2.50 (roughly $4!).
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Hey thanks for that info. Smile
kryptonite76
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of kryptonite76
I like Close's, too. Very nice and a restoration.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Opinions on card warp(not in other posts) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL