The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Harry Lorayne recording (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Top Hat
View Profile
Inner circle
We peed on you!
1077 Posts

Profile of Top Hat
I would like to track down a second-hand copy of Lorayne doing card tricks on video (any of his tapes would do) or DVD.
Must be playable in UK. Which of these would you recommend for getting a "feel" for the man as he comes across in performance?
TH Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
john scot
View Profile
Special user
brighton, uk
585 Posts

Profile of john scot
Have a look at the International Magic Harry Lorayne Lecture video (filmed in London 2001) it’s about 3 hrs of his best stuff!

http://www.internationalmagic.com/ (search Lorayne)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Harry has the "...Best Teacher, Ever" series.

He also has a couple of other teaching vids, but the exact name escapes me (was it called "Stars of Magic"?)

He also has "Basic Card Tricks" and "Basic Card Sleights", but if you want to see pure performance, these *may* not be the most helpful to you.

On one of his "Stars of Magic" vids, they show a live performance of Harry doing a routine for a live audience of a magician/gambler routine. I think the performance is superb. I would highly recommend you track it down.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Harry is one of the best performers I've ever seen. His ability to make memory demos entertaining is remarkable. My favorite is The Lazy Man's CArd Trick.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
It's called the "Best Ever" 4-volume set. You'll find all you mention here on Volume 4. HL.

Apropo of one of the statements above - I had a bunch of PAL format video cassettes of my "Best Ever" volumes - since nobody seemed to want them, I tossed them. But - so far as I know, the DVDs play in the UK or anywhere.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have both the Stars of Magic and the Best Ever series. There's some really great stuff on them.

Even if you don't do any of the tricks, they're worth it for The Ultra Move, HaLo Slip Cut, and many other great utility sleights. Even if you don't care for Harry personally or for his performing style (I do, but you may not), there's so much useful stuff on his vids and in his books, that your investment is returned many times over. I use a number of the sleights in lots of my own routines.

Thanks, Harry, for releasing this stuff!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Harry Lorayne recording (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL