The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fantasio's Chameleon Pen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Anyone have this? Saw Fantasio's Chameleon Pen in Hank Lee's Ad in the February 2009 issue of Genii.

Thinking of using this pen with Daryl's Multicolor pen routine. Smile

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Doug
If you want information do your home work!

Fantasio’s Chameleon Pen (as advertised by Hank Lee) is brand new
"Show a black ball-point pen. Remove the cap and place it in your pocket.
Hold the black pen between the fingers of both hands. In a blink, the pen changes color to red or green or blue! Your choice.
Making a magical gesture, you also make the cap appear, with the same new color!
The pen can be handed out for immediate examination, and is perfect for signing autographs!
A great pocket trick. The method is simply Fantasio-matic! You won’t believe your eyes when you see the color change!"

I could not find your Daryl's Multicolor pen routine. If you want support please supply the elements or at least the proper reference
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
jtholland
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of jtholland
It's nice to be flamed on for asking a simple question.

Doug, good luck finding the information you need.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

If anyone has bought this, could you tell me if the pen looks regular and if it writes? I need it to write for Daryl's business card routine down below.

Daryl's Multicolor Pen routine that can be found in The New York Magic Symposium (Collection Five) or in Gregory Wilson's The Stockholder. It is a great fun routine to do with a business card.

Best,

Doug L.

Quote:
On 2009-02-20 14:39, jtholland wrote:
Doug, good luck finding the information you need.

Thanks!
Douglas Lippert
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
I do not believe he was getting flamed. the thing is, if you do your own searching you might get to learn a little history while your at it. Maybe even find a different effect that does the same thing you are searching out and look better. I do not know Lawrence personally, but from his history on this forum, he has helped out a lot of magicians.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-02-21 07:45, Irishghost wrote:
if you do your own searching you might get to learn a little history while your at it.

I understand what you and Lawrence were getting at.

BUT, I am asking for opinions on THIS particular effect. I suppose neither of you have them, so why waste your time posting?

I'm very serious about magic. These types of posts come off as elitism and don't encourage younger magicians. You won't be around forever, pass the craft on to serious students...

(I'm 22 but I still consider myself young, LOL)

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 06:09, Lawrence O wrote:
Doug
If you want information do your home work!

Fantasio’s Chameleon Pen (as advertised by Hank Lee) is brand new
"Show a black ball-point pen. Remove the cap and place it in your pocket.
Hold the black pen between the fingers of both hands. In a blink, the pen changes color to red or green or blue! Your choice.
Making a magical gesture, you also make the cap appear, with the same new color!
The pen can be handed out for immediate examination, and is perfect for signing autographs!
A great pocket trick. The method is simply Fantasio-matic! You won’t believe your eyes when you see the color change!"

I could not find your Daryl's Multicolor pen routine. If you want support please supply the elements or at least the proper reference

Maybe it's a language thing, but this response from Lawrence was just plain rude. I suspect he didn't mean it to sound that way.

The irony is that Lawrence went on to post the ad copy which Doug stated he'd already seen in Genii!

"Anyone have this? Saw Fantasio's Chameleon Pen in Hank Lee's Ad in the February 2009 issue of Genii."

Lawrence may also be suggesting that since the ad was in the Feb. magazine, it may be too new for anyone to have it yet. I think it's possible some folks have it, since the ads for the February Genii had to be submitted in November at the latest and it's now a week away from March.

Regardless, what Doug is asking for, Lawrence, is some specific information from someone who has, or who has worked with, the actual pen.

Did anyone out there buy the pen? Any comments on how good it looks and its practicality for closeup? I think it's smart for Doug to be wondering if "Chameleon Pen" and "Multicolor Pen" can be linked.

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

I've looked into getting this pen once again for a kicker to Daryl's Multicolor Pen routine.

To anyone that owns it, can you write with the pen BEFORE the color change?

Thanks,

Doug Lippert
Douglas Lippert
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 22:33, Doug Lippert wrote:

. . . . could you tell me if the pen looks regular and if it writes?

Quote:

If that helps. Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-04-13 05:13, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 22:33, Doug Lippert wrote:

. . . . could you tell me if the pen looks regular and if it writes?

Quote:

If that helps. Smile Smile

Smile

Hi! Smile Yes, I read that bit of the ad copy. It says the pen can be handed out for examination and signing autographs. This all happens AFTER the color change.

So, does anyone know if you can write with the pen before the color change? This is vital for a routine that involves the pen writing then changing color.

Thanks,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
How DARE you ask a simple question without doing your homework first! Where's the tar and feathers? This guy needs to be taught a lesson! Smile
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
Maybe it could be better to perform just the Fantasio's routine first without adding anything because mixing it with an another trick of the same family might reduce the first effect if it's already very strong no? And then you can go on with the Daryl's routine; because at this moment we are sure the pen will be able to write. But everyone has his own preferences in everything... Smile
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-04-13 17:51, chronica wrote:
Maybe it could be better to perform just the Fantasio's routine first without adding anything because mixing it with an another trick of the same family might reduce the first effect if it's already very strong no? And then you can go on with the Daryl's routine; because at this moment we are sure the pen will be able to write. But everyone has his own preferences in everything... Smile

You made a great point about reducing the first effect's climax! Thanks. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-04-13 17:03, ixnay66 wrote:
How DARE you ask a simple question without doing your homework first! Where's the tar and feathers? This guy needs to be taught a lesson! Smile

haha Smile

Well, actually I DID do my homework. Lawrence erred in his post. Smile
Douglas Lippert
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Well, can someone give us a review of it?

Jim
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I saw Fantasio do this at his booth in Miami and again at Daytona magic. It can be done under your nose, it is automatic. The pen can write before and after, but I believe that YOU would use it to write. Regardless, the apparatus is atopical not internal.
Highly visual and inexpensive. I was impressed and I am highly critical.
However, you may want to use it with another set of pens as you say..there may be a continuity problem in that.
I couldn't buy one, he sold out at both venues.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just placed a bid on ebay for one, but somebody else got it.

Jim
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Has anyone else bought this? It seems to be on all the New release pages.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Paul at Hocus Pocus also has it in:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/inc......em=11537
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Fantasio's Chameleon Pen (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL