The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Thin Model Base?? Anyone Have A Good Design? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
I am looking for a nice design for a base to produce myself in the begining of my show. I am going to build a shadow type illusion on top of it. If anyone can help me out or knows of one in a book it would be great! Thanks.
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
Depends on how flexible you are and the deceptiveness + design of the base.

Check out the base book by Rand Woodbury. You could also check out his illusionworks book or video.

Honestly speaking, base or no base. You really don't have to go to the extreme to build a really overly thin deceptive base.

You are fooling laymen, not magicians. LOL! Smile

There are other unique ways of producing yourself. Like MRs, physical strength, BA and ect...
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
I think Clarence pretty much summed it up, but I have a few additional points to bring up.

A lot depends on the physical size of the base. A 36" square platform will need more depth than a larger dimension platform. However, from that perspective, you get into transportation & other factors. Not to mention the very thought that your illusion might not look right with a very large table.

Check out Rand Woodbury's first video, he goes into great detail on the design & construction of a modern-day illusion base.
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
Rand Woodbury's shadow dancer illusion has a nice deceptive base as it utilises Alan Wakeling's ball feet principle.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Right on., I love the small platform on a table look. Really makes a "square built" base vrs. taper, look thin.

Blair Marshall
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
Is Rand's Shadow Dancer illusion is his Illusion Works books?

Mike
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Yes, there's a picture of the illusion in the books but I don't think he included the plans. I could be wrong as I'm relying on my memory.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It is in the Illusionworks book Tan. All the best.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
In the book "Illusionworks" there is a plan of the base. Smile
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
Well good luck finding Rand's book, last I checked it is out of print. His video ond steps and bases is good but it doesn't give dimensions, however, it is pretty easy to construct from the video.
Zaubern Smile
Clarence
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore, City Central, Scotts Road
146 Posts

Profile of Clarence
I've heard that Rand Woodbury will be coming out with a new and updated set of the Illusionworks series. I'm waiting for it.
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
It will be the new books! It will be not speed!
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
Magic Sascha
View Profile
New user
Germany
13 Posts

Profile of Magic Sascha
We want it, too. Please tell where we can order it.

Tnx Sascha
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
716 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Yes, please keep everyone posted on the new release of Rand's stuff and who will carry it.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
AmazingA
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
151 Posts

Profile of AmazingA
From what I remember by seeing it on TV's World's greatest magic, Brett Daniels' base for his Marilyn illusion looks really cool...Also I like Copperfield's base for when he does his snow routine or Vertical Asrah...Brett's site is http://www.brettdaniels.com

-Andrew Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Thin Model Base?? Anyone Have A Good Design? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL