The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm told the Souvenir Linking Rubber bands will include 20 linked sets plus ten matching singles. Re-fills without the dvd will be available shortly after the release and will also include 20 linked sets and ten singles.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Quote:
On 2009-02-22 08:28, joseph wrote:
This looks just like Andy Leviss' Linked for Life except you don't have to make anything.. Smile ...

anybody?
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Was wondering the same thing as thomas......anybody?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Well, these types of linking band routines have been around for a very long time ( not sure when the first one came about ).

The basic link sequence pops up every now and then in different places. But, the basic link technology was first published by Dan Harlan ( pretty sure it was Dan, maybe he can comment ).

What makes the Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands unique is the factory made links. Looks like it will have some basic handlings, switches etc. Maybe Joe Russell can fill us in. I'm sure you can use any pet handling for the linking bands.

Anyone that has played with permanently linked bands will come up with some version of this. But the big deal with the Souvenir Linking Bands is the factory made links, which you can hand out and they can keep if you want to buy replacements.

Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Dan Harlan created the basic link sequence.

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:40am
Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands consist of an awesome three phase routine, where the bands link between the spectators fingers, unlink, then a super ultra mega visual final link. It also contains a few very clever/simple switches so you can exchange two single bands for the factory perfect linked set. I also have a section on presentation. Oh and don't forget my 1978 "Batavas" Moped, which makes a few live action cameos in my garage. The DVD also revisits my creepy refrigerator, and did I mention the love scene?
joe
Who is Tattoo Joe?
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
Wasn't Paul Harris supposed to be done after TA? Or is he still gonna stamp "Paul Harris presents" on every effect someone else invents?
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Joe,
Thanks for the FYI.
That settles it....I'm buying this DVD just for the love scene!
Talk about a bonus...

:)
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
The handout is a great thing.

Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 05:12, whokebe wrote:
Wasn't Paul Harris supposed to be done after TA? Or is he still gonna stamp "Paul Harris presents" on every effect someone else invents?

Would you say that face to face with Paul? Of course not. Hiding behind an anonymous ID and being rude doesn't say much about you as a person.

smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
I never said Paul Harris wasn't an innovator or anything less than a great magician, but let's be honest and count how many "Paul Harris Presents" effects have been made.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 16:02, whokebe wrote:
I never said Paul Harris wasn't an innovator or anything less than a great magician, but let's be honest and count how many "Paul Harris Presents" effects have been made.

Thanks for replying back. I know you didn't slam Paul as a creator, but the tone of saying "Or is he still gonna stamp "Paul Harris presents" on every effect someone else invents? " is a great exaggeration

How many effects have actually been released as "Paul Harris Presents"? The Black Widow. Flow. UV Nightshades ( which was an advancement on Paul's own effect ).

Whether it's 1 effect or 200, what counts is that the material is worthy of being released. I have the three mentioned, so I'd say yes, the strength of the material is what counts.

I don't say this as a Paul Harris fanatic that looks at it all through rose colored glasses.. No one can like everything someone creates or puts out. I didn't care for Deep Astonishment, but LOVE Deep Astonishment II. I didn't like Reality Twister, but LOVE the Lubors Lens that comes with the TA DVD set.

Creators actually welcome feedback on what they're doing/releasing. But when inaccurate potshots are taken, it falls on deaf ears for the most part.

Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Whokebe,

From my understanding TA was supposed to be the last large release from Paul Harris. I hope that's not the case. And I'm certainly happy that we will continue to see his Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on things.

But more importantly, is somebody forcing you to buy Paul Harris related items? Are you okay? Are you being held against your will and made to amass a Paul Harris collection? If so, let me be the first to say that I DO NOT approve of that. But if that's not the case, you can always just not buy these releases. There are a lot of creators I don't care for and I just don't buy their stuff. It makes life easy.
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
998 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Joe--
I just watched the demo on this and I love it! Finally someone has taken the time to get linked bands that are manufactured and can withstand inspection. Plus, I must say your handling is very good. Nice to see another performer who cares. Good luck with this!

Regarding the history of Linked Band effects... there were a few out there with home-made bands before I came up with the first Impromptu method that made the bands "appear" linked (I was staying away from the problems with gimmicked bands). Jay Sankey was working on it, too, but he and I agreed that I had hit upon the best way. Bill Kalush was quick to follow with his great ring and rubberband stuff... then I just couldn't put them down for a couple of years and came up with everything I could think of. I'm glad to see that someone is still working with them... and has solved the problem of a permanent link. Way to go!
--Dan Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.themystictower.com
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
[quote]On 2009-02-24 17:03, DanHarlan wrote:
Joe--
I just watched the demo on this and I love it! Finally someone has taken the time to get linked bands that are manufactured and can withstand inspection. Plus, I must say your handling is very good. Nice to see another performer who cares. Good luck with this!

You can't get a better recommendation than that!
I am looking forward to the release date.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
So where can we pick ths up first?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
You mean snap this up first... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Yes, where can we buy it????
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
This looks like a wonderful release and a perfect solution to the linked band problem Smile
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
These are now in stock! Order from your favorite Dealer. You get 20 Linked bands and 10 single bands. These are well made bands and the dvd gives you all the instructions you need for a great 3 phase routine and Crazy Mans Handcuffs.

Well done!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
David, thanks for the update!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents Souvenir Linking Rubber Bands (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL